1.    #1  
    After searching TC and reading reviews at PalmGear, I'm confused about unzipping files. I have the free handzipperlite but no memory card access and only pdb/prc file support limits the utility of that app. The reviews for HandZipper comment on the restriction to pdb/prc files for unzipping which isn't too bad. LightnZip gets pegged for a variety of errors, resets, and poor customer support. Any other options out there that zip/unzip to and from a location that I specify on card in any file format I choose (native word, excel or palm pdb/prc, or whatever)? Does this exist and any suggestions? Thanks.
    OK, I'll take this one. There is no better utility (IMHO, of course) then Resco Explorer. Yes, it is commercial shareware, so to use it after the demo will cost you $11.96. The demo is good for 14 days, so grab it and try it out.

It is a File Manager that is extremely full featured. One of the many features it supports is the handling of zip files. It is fast, robust and easy to use. The help file is extensive, the company solid and the product well supported.

Check it out here:

http://www.resco.net/palm/explorer/

It is without a doubt the best file manager, period. Yes, FileZ is free (but doesn't handle zips) and that is nice, but Resco Explorer is sooooo much better then FileZ, to me it is worth spending the $11.96 to have such a nice piece of software.

As far as zip handling, it works, period. Robust, predictable and intuitive, it will handle all your zipping and unzipping needs, no file restrictions or limitations.

I know this software does more then you are asking, but I dropped my previous zip handler and file manager after trying Resco, it is that good.

I have no affiliation, I am just happy user, in fact I just named it one of my 6 must haves in another thread.

Give it a try...
    "It is the soldier, not the reporter who has given us the freedom of the press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us the freedom of speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who gives us the freedom to demonstrate. It is the soldier who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag." -- Father Dennis Edward O'Brien, Sergeant, USMC
    matty you have me ready to give it a try after that..
    The only time I ever made a mistake was when i thought I did and was mistaken.
    can you use it to beam apps and files ? also can it beam or send multiple files at once to another treo without zipping them ? last but not least is it fully 5 way compatible because that is one of the things that i don't like about filez.. I think it's the only app I have that I have to pull out the stylus.. ...
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    Yes, you can use it to beam files and applications. Not sure about the multiple files at once, try it... Yes, it's fully 5-way compatible. Zip file handling is great though! Handles zips just like they were another folder. And the whole interface works and looks very much like your Windows based file explorer.

Also, it can do backups! It's the only backup program I have seen that has backup verification. I use it as my main backup solution, and it's been completely reliable! Also, it works as an image viewer, and advanced prefrences editor. It's pretty much like a swiss army knift for the palm!

Also, it makes it easier to install WAV files onto your Treo to make your own custom alarms and ring tones. Just put the wave file onto your SD card, then browse to the file in Resco Explorer and click on it, and it will automatically open and be converted in the Palm Sound Manager. This beats having to use the tricky way with Blazer and the file path. Can you tell I'm another happy Resco Explorer user? And I even bought it before it was on sale! If I was one of you guys, I'd get it while it's still on sale...

Cheers,
    Jacob H.
    I usa LightNZip from Tosoft and it works very well for me! FYI, it supports the SD card too!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    rescoExplorer the best
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by mattyparanoid
    OK, I'll take this one. There is no better utility (IMHO, of course) then Resco Explorer. Yes, it is commercial shareware, so to use it after the demo will cost you $11.96. The demo is good for 14 days, so grab it and try it out.

It is a File Manager that is extremely full featured. One of the many features it supports is the handling of zip files. It is fast, robust and easy to use. The help file is extensive, the company solid and the product well supported.

Check it out here:

http://www.resco.net/palm/explorer/

It is without a doubt the best file manager, period. Yes, FileZ is free (but doesn't handle zips) and that is nice, but Resco Explorer is sooooo much better then FileZ, to me it is worth spending the $11.96 to have such a nice piece of software.

As far as zip handling, it works, period. Robust, predictable and intuitive, it will handle all your zipping and unzipping needs, no file restrictions or limitations.

I know this software does more then you are asking, but I dropped my previous zip handler and file manager after trying Resco, it is that good.

I have no affiliation, I am just happy user, in fact I just named it one of my 6 must haves in another thread.

Give it a try...
    Thanks for the suggestion and thorough comments. I can't tell from their website... will Resco take over to unzip or zip up a file attachment working with email like Chatter? Sort of like how HandZipperLite does?
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by donric609
    matty you have me ready to give it a try after that..
    Don, an avatar change... a special occasion
    Nonthing special.. Just thought it was time for a change...