1.    #1  
    After the 1.12 update, besides draining the battery from 95% to 1% in 2 hours on a few occasions, I am also seeing the display dim by itself when the unit is warm. Normally middle brightness setting is sufficient. When it dims, I have to crank it all the way up to see. Another thing is the charge indicator keeps blinking on and off while it is charging. It used to stay solid red while charging. Sometimes it would charge, sometimes it would not. Is it dying a slow death?
    Quote Originally Posted by newtreouser
    After the 1.12 update, besides draining the battery from 95% to 1% in 2 hours on a few occasions, I am also seeing the display dim by itself when the unit is warm. Normally middle brightness setting is sufficient. When it dims, I have to crank it all the way up to see. Another thing is the charge indicator keeps blinking on and off while it is charging. It used to stay solid red while charging. Sometimes it would charge, sometimes it would not. Is it dying a slow death?
    I think you just need the battery drain fix that has been posted in those threads and then you should be back to normal. Some program is continuing to try to access the internet continuously -- thus the battery drain. Check out those threads.

If you don't want to check there -- do a hard reset and sync to a test (empty) userid. Run in that "clean" state for a day and see if you have the battery drain. If you don't -- then something is corrupted in your backup folder for your user id. If you still have the battery drain -- then it might be a hardware issue. You can then proceed from that point.

Cheers, Perry.
    Last edited by gtwo; 06/29/2005 at 05:27 PM.
    If that dosent work you can just go back to 1.08
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ht=update+1.08
  4.    #4  
    Perry, Wow how did I miss that? Which thread? I did a search for "battery drain fix" and there were 3 pages. I scanned the thread "battery drain after update" but didn't see a fix. Can you point me to the correct thread?
    Perry is probably talking about this one but we are still evaluating whether it is a fix or not. http://discuss.treocentral.com/showt...y+drain+update
    James, cleaning up after me, as usual. . . .
    That will be a nickle
    check is in the mail . . . .