1.    #1  
    For my 600,I just bought a 1gb card,card reader,headphones.I would really like to watch movies and listen to music on my phone.Which player is better for this,Kinoma or MMplayer? Something else?
    My question to the users, is it a pretty easy setup?
    Is it better to purchase one or the other and not mess with trial?
    I'm still quite new to this, does the player software automatically pick up the files from the card,or do you have to transfer them to the player,after you put the card into the phone?
    Many thanks,on this issue,I would love have this setup for my long plane ride this weekend!

Phredman
    Do a search here (especially multimedia section)
    I have MMPlayer and Kinoma and TCMP (free). I'd recommend TCMP although Kinoma makes a clean package.
    Install the software and select area where you put your movies on the card.
    Quote Originally Posted by phredman
    For my 600,I just bought a 1gb card,card reader,headphones.I would really like to watch movies and listen to music on my phone.Which player is better for this,Kinoma or MMplayer? Something else?
    My question to the users, is it a pretty easy setup?
    Is it better to purchase one or the other and not mess with trial?
    I'm still quite new to this, does the player software automatically pick up the files from the card,or do you have to transfer them to the player,after you put the card into the phone?
    Many thanks,on this issue,I would love have this setup for my long plane ride this weekend!

Phredman
    Kinoma Player & Producer (the software which converts the video files) is pricey but after messing with them all, I found it to be the most painless to work with.

I record tv to my computer and easily convert the shows down to Palm size and drop them on my car. They take up little more than a meg a minute. You stated you wanted to watch movies. You would have to rip the DVD first then convert using Kinoma Producer. Search for DVD ripping threads for good software for ripping.
    Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    For video I've had the most success with TCPMP.

For audio, go with Ptunes. TCPMP plays audio fine, but it doesn't work in the background and you'll want that for music.
    Less than 400 posts to get my own little treo icon!
    How do you do this. What do you use to record TV to your computer? What program do you use to convert the shows down to Palm size?

I record tv to my computer and easily convert the shows down to Palm size and drop them on my car.