1.    #1  
    Once again PalmOne has failed to listen to its customers.

Many attempts prior to the 1.08 release to get them to fix the SMS hyperlink error has yielded no results.

Updater 1.12 continues to ignore the problem too. $600.00 for a phone with that can't hyperlink a number such as 800 555-1212 and dial it.

A 10 dollar pager and free phone next time will do the same thing.

They're spending too much time and money trying to decide what to name the company rather then fix a defective product.

I am the only fool, though. On my third and last Treo.
    hmmmmm...I have no problem with this feature. It's worked great since the 600 IMHO.

perhaps your money would be better spent on 60 pagers
    Would be nice if more things were built in and easier to use for sure, but TakePhone does what you want very well. I did a free trial of the program and found i wanted to keep it for a number of reasons, this being one of them. I find i just like the TakePhone interface better than the stock one as well.

If you try it you need to be sure to download the separate app that actually does this feature, doesnt cost any more but it is a 2nd app that works with Takephone to do this
    unless I misunderstand what he wants, it is built in...

see the snapshots....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by dutchtrumpet; 06/29/2005 at 12:16 AM.
    .............and works for me too! Also since my Treo 600.
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Just tried this - have Takephone and the free hack installed and it works...can reply to a number or tap on a hyperlinked number in the SMS - either - have been using and loving Takephone for quite a while now.
    Charliec
    takephone is indeed one of the best apps....

however, Rhino's and my point is you do not need takePhone for this feature within the messaging app.
    Quote Originally Posted by BoneDoc
    Once again PalmOne has failed to listen to its customers.

Many attempts prior to the 1.08 release to get them to fix the SMS hyperlink error has yielded no results.

Updater 1.12 continues to ignore the problem too. $600.00 for a phone with that can't hyperlink a number such as 800 555-1212 and dial it.

A 10 dollar pager and free phone next time will do the same thing.

They're spending too much time and money trying to decide what to name the company rather then fix a defective product.

I am the only fool, though. On my third and last Treo.

HUH? Works for me too?

Maybe you should get rid of the Treo...it sounds like it might be too complicated for you...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    LOL... It has always worked for me, even with the T600.
    TAKEphONE just enhances it to be able to work in notes, memos ect. and he just fixed it to be in cluded as a prefereces panel.
  10.    #10  
    Not to belabor the point, but let me be more specific. I understand it works. It does not work well. Let me explain.
    If your number comes in the body of an SMS (SPRINT PCS) such as:

"Hello. Try this number: 800 555 1212" the treo correctly hyperlinks it. The dial screen opens with: Dial 800? and ignores anything after a space. IF YOUR NUMBER IS CONDENSED (as in the reply with the photos) 8005551212, or 800-555-1212 with dashes, yes, it works fine.

I have gone through this with P-One and their rep tried an SMS with the same results. No answer except that the engineers will be notified.

Now, if you guys find out it works fine on all your Sprint PCS phones using that format in the body of a SMS, let me know - I'd love to know what I have been doing wrong.

My treo 300 and 600 had no such problem, but maybe they weren't as complicated for me.