Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Okay I loaded up the North-East Region map and the map of Canada for my TomTom Navigator 5 Bluetooth and activated the North-East Region map in order to be able to use it. The thing is I never activated the Canada map because once I activated the North-East Region map, I went through the setup process for that one and was never given that option for the Canada map. I've installed the maps on my memory card, not on the system memory for my Treo 650.

I drive up to Montreal once in a while because my fiancée's family is up there, and I always get horribly lost trying to get to my destination once I cross over the border, so I also need a map of Canada. The thing is, I don't know how to switch back and forth between the two maps. i don't see an option for that there. I was under the impression that once you loaded the application up, all the maps you installed would be saved in a database for access, but apparently this is not the case. I need to be able to use all the maps I've loaded on the system, not just one and not the others.

This version is similar to earlier version so even if you don't have the latest version but have an earlier one, you can still help. I would appreciate any and all assistance. Thanks guys.

~Phøenix
    Global Posts
    324 Global Posts
    On Nav 2004: Menu -> Change Preferences -> Page 2 of 5 -> Switch Map

This is, in my opinion, the only downfall of TomTom Nav (the lack of automatic multiple-map bridging). However, it's a small price to pay for such an *amazing* navigation app. I'll still take TomTom Nav over anything else, any day.
    You'll find more discussion about TomTom under the Accessories/Bluetooth section of this forum. (Mods: How about a separate section for Navigation? It looks like it's going to be increasingly active, esp. since PalmOne has announced their own version of the product)
    The Palm NavCard, from Mapopolis (www.mapopolis.com) actually has maps of the entire US. It's the only application for the Palm I'm aware of that will let you route coast to coast without changing maps. I have a review of it here http://www.gpspassion.com/fr/articles.asp?id=136
    www.gpspassion.com
    Associate Writer, PalmAddict
    Quote Originally Posted by paulkbiba
    The Palm NavCard, from Mapopolis (www.mapopolis.com) actually has maps of the entire US. It's the only application for the Palm I'm aware of that will let you route coast to coast without changing maps. I have a review of it here http://www.gpspassion.com/fr/articles.asp?id=136
    TomTom has a single map containing major roads of the USA. Although I have not travelled coast to coast with it, I did use it for a trip from New England to Southwest Florida.
    Go to Change Preferences -> Manage Maps -> Switch Map
    This is a good thing. Most people don't need to have the entire country taking up memory. As mentioned above, if you want a larger area there should be a map you can choose that covers more areas in Canada so you don't have to switch.