1.    #1  
    As noted by many people, a weekness of this program is that once Xpressmail loses the server connection, it does not retry to connect. Therefore if you are not in your office to restart the program on your desktop you are out of luck.

I figured a workaround would be to use an automated launcher to automatically restart the program on an say hourly bases. There are many free automated launchers outthere.

However, I noticed that unless you first close the running Xpress Cingular program, rerunning the program does not get Xpress to try to reconnect to the server.

Does anybody know of a program that will automatically close a given program and then restart that program.This will solve the problem I mentioned above.

I also have a second question. In preferences/schedule. In you enable both "Push messages to my device" and "Enabled schedule sync/use custom sync/30 minutes". Will you get push email, only a sync every 30 minutes or both.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by menachh
    I also have a second question. In preferences/schedule. In you enable both "Push messages to my device" and "Enabled schedule sync/use custom sync/30 minutes". Will you get push email, only a sync every 30 minutes or both.
    Thanks
    You get both.. immediate push and timed syncs.

Some have suggested doing this to re-establish the push feature after the push gets disabled. If, say the phone is off, and the server tried to push unsuccessfully a few times, it disables push until the next sync. A timed sync will re-establish the push.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    If I leave outlook running, I have a filter that will automatically launch the Xpress mail application when I put "Start XPress" in the subject line. However, I haven't found a way to "kill" the application the same way.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G