1.    #1  
    I am using AlwaysOn V 1.2 which disables the auto-off timer on my treo 650 so I can leave the screen on always or 15 mins or whatever. (This is hndy for m when driving as i like to ensure I can see the screen and network it up and working) But It keeps defaulting aftr 24 hours or so to 10 seconds off. Not a big problem but does anyone know another program which also disables the screen auto-off ?
    Try to use
    Shortcut Dot 3

Open Memos / New

type s
    press [Alt]
    select "shortcut" (like ribbin)
    type . (dot)
    type 3

^_^

hope this will help you
    Quote Originally Posted by SupachaiHadyai
    Try to use
    Shortcut Dot 3

Open Memos / New

type s
    press [Alt]
    select "shortcut" (like ribbin)
    type . (dot)
    type 3

^_^

hope this will help you
    Hey, that was cool. What else do u have?

DK
    "Tell all your friends about me!"

wow. pretty cool. so having this memo saved prevents the auto off? VERY cool easter egg!
    No, the act of typing it disables auto-off. It's a debugging aid, and you're supposed to reset the device to turn auto-off back on.
    Shortcut-Dot-S: which sets beaming to occur through the serial port instead of the IR port (used sometimes by developers). There is no on-screen confirmation. If you have set this inadvertently, hotsync will not occur because the Palm will insist that the serial port is already being used. To set things back to normal, enter the command again.

Shortcut-Dot-T: sets the Palm to beam to itself. I have no idea why this would be useful. I suppose that there are developer who use this function. Again, repeating the command sets things back to normal.

Shortcut-Dot- 1(and 2): sets the Palm into the debugging mode. This dot command is for programmers only. Return to normal mode by soft reset (tap reset button).

Shortcut-Dot-3: sets the Palm to never auto power off. Entering the command causes the words "no auto power off" to appear on the screen briefly. Soft reset to return auto off to normal.

Shortcut-Dot-4: will briefly show the Palm user name and electronic serial number.

Shortcut-Dot-5: will delete the user name and hotsync log, rendering the Palm unable to determine if, when, and what was hotsync'd last time. Next time you hotsync, you'll end up with duplicate entries everywhere (bummer).

Shortcut-Dot-6: briefly displays manufacture date and ROM versions.

Shortcut-Dot-7: will briefly display "NiCad", indicating that you've just set the internal battery meter to be accurate for rechargeable batteries. Repeat the command to return to normal.

Shortcut-Dot-8: sets backlighting to the older black letters on green screen format. Repeat the command to return to light letters on darker background.
    from http://www.pdamd.com/columns/column-60.xml

it have shortcut-dot-9 too.
    I used shortcut.3 for about a week and it was very inconsistent. A few applications caused it to lapse. I've used alwayson 1.2 for a day and it works fine, exactly as it says.