Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Ok - here's a good one. I've been advised to try a Zero-Out reset to get Chatter to work properly. However, I got my 650 as an upgrade from a 600 from sprint (refurb phone, no sync cable). So - that being said, I have no way to do a Zero Out.. I have bought the Sync & Go cable, but nothing with a "HotSync" button. Is there any way to do a Zero Out without a hotsync button OR is there an app that can be run to force a Zero-Out on the 650? If not, can someone write one real quick? Shadowmite? Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by cue79
    Is there any way to do a Zero Out without a hotsync button OR is there an app that can be run to force a Zero-Out on the 650?
    You don't need a cable to do a reset of any kind. As for the sync you'll need to do AFTER the reset, all you need to do is go to the Hotsync app on the Treo itself and you can start one there.
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkEagle
    You don't need a cable to do a reset of any kind. As for the sync you'll need to do AFTER the reset, all you need to do is go to the Hotsync app on the Treo itself and you can start one there.
    For the zero out?

1. Connect your device to its HotSync cable or cradle. The HotSync cable does not need to be connected to your PC, and it does not need to be connected to power.
    2. Press and hold the Power button and UP on the 5-way navigator.
    3. While continuing to hold Power and UP, press and hold the HotSync button on the HotSync cable or cradle. As you press HotSync, make sure your other finger doesn't slide to LEFT or RIGHT on the 5-way navigator; it needs to be exactly on UP during the entire process. Although you are pressing the HotSync button, a HotSync operation should not begin.
    4. While continuing to hold Power, UP and HotSync, press and release the RESET button on the back panel of your device (where's the reset hole?). This is very difficult to do with only one person; you may wish to hold the stylus in your mouth and use your hands to press Power, UP and HotSync.
    5. Release Power, UP and HotSync.
    6. If you did this reset correctly, the screen of your device will go blank, and you will not be able to turn it on. The charging LED will not light up, even if it's connected to power. It will appear to be "dead." (any other activity such as the Palm OS logo or a rainbow-colored Boot Log screen appearing means the reset was performed incorrectly; try again)
    ???
    according to P1's instructions you do need the hotsync button...you should try posting this question in the forums at www.shadowmite.com. If it's possible they'll know over there. do you know anyone that has a cable you can borrow?
    Ok - here's a good one. I've been advised to try a Zero-Out reset to get Chatter to work properly. However, I got my 650 as an upgrade from a 600 from sprint (refurb phone, no sync cable). So - that being said, I have no way to do a Zero Out.. I have bought the Sync & Go cable, but nothing with a "HotSync" button. Is there any way to do a Zero Out without a hotsync button OR is there an app that can be run to force a Zero-Out on the 650? If not, can someone write one real quick? Shadowmite? Thanks.
    Hello Cue....congrats on getting a 650. Since you have Sprint, all you have to do is take all the stuff you have for the 600 (ac adapter, car charger, usb cable & case) into a Sprint store and they will exchange it for the needed 650 items.
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scandalex
    Hello Cue....congrats on getting a 650. Since you have Sprint, all you have to do is take all the stuff you have for the 600 (ac adapter, car charger, usb cable & case) into a Sprint store and they will exchange it for the needed 650 items.
    They told me I was SOL...
    What exactly does a "zero out" do? Is it similar to writing zeros or ones to a hard drive?
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Yup - kills the Treo's memory by writing over it... Completely washes it out (650 only)
    actually...any palm device

edit... my bad...650 or T5
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Well, just talked to ShadowMite in IRC, and it sounds like the chances are not good to make a proggy that will do it.. Ahh well.. gotta go borrow a cable I guess....
    They told me I was SOL...
    I'm surprised and sorry to hear that; I've never experienced that before. For every upgrade I've rec'd, I've always been able to do an exchange.
    ~ ScandaLous ~