1.    #1  
    OK, this has both annoyed and puzzled me for a month now...I give up trying to track it down. Hoping someone here can help.

The Treo 650 5-way navigation buttons scrolls too fast (both the 5W and when TPS allows you to use the volume buttons as scroll up/down). I click it once and sometimes it scrolls two times unless I try to click it and get off it really fast. When it occurs it happens in all apps that scroll (LauncherX, TealDoc, McPhling, memos, file managers, etc).

When I do a soft reset, it gets better but somewhere along the way it acts up again. I cannot track it down.

There needs to be some configurable repeat rate or a delay for the scroll buttons. I wish I could find the byte in ROM and change it! Both the delay after a button press and the repeat rate.

After reading my texts with TealDoc for nearly three years on my Tungsten T with no problem, I was close to giving my Treo 650 back because it was easier to just stay with the tried and true TT.

I spoke to TealPoint and they said (see below) that the behaviour of the T650 appears to be different and it is on their list of things to do.

<TealPoint>
    Hmm...

If the 5-way nav repeats, this is a function of the device, not TealDoc,
    as previous devices only sent one keystroke per press of the button. This
    sounds like yet another "feature" PalmOne decided to add to the 650 to
    wreak havoc with software developers.

If so, we should be able to differentiate between an initial press and a
    repeating key code to filter them out. We don't have a 650, so testing
    this might be tricky, but I'll add it to our task list.

Best regards,
  2.    #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by JEMShoe
    OK, this has both annoyed and puzzled me for a month now...I give up trying to track it down. Hoping someone here can help.

The Treo 650 5-way navigation buttons scrolls too fast (both the 5W and when TPS allows you to use the volume buttons as scroll up/down). I click it once and sometimes it scrolls two times unless I try to click it and get off it really fast. When it occurs it happens in all apps that scroll (LauncherX, TealDoc, McPhling, memos, file managers, etc).
    I have tracked this down to KEYCAPS600. Here is what I do to repeat it:
    -First, start with a fresh soft reset. The double scroll problem will not be there.
    -If at anytime I use the 'hold button for alternate text' feature, the problem will surface and remain until I do another soft reset.
    - If I am in a scrollable app, say TealDoc Reader, it works fine until I do a KEYCAPS600 hold_button. Then if I click the up or down navigation, I have to let it go extremely quick or it will double scroll. This also affects the volume up/down as well.

PLEASE, IF SOMEONE ELSE CAN CONFIRM THIS IT WOULD BE GREAT! I will try to notify the KeyCaps600 author...no documentation came with the app.
  3.    #3  
    What is really interesting is that my hold delay was at 150mS. If I change it to 500mS then the repeat on navigation up/down is just about gone. Of course that is terribly long (for me) for the normal use of KeyCaps600.

What I believe the author of this app did was left the navigation buttons in as keys that work with keycaps600. So when you hold the up/down buttons they normally do repeat after a certain amount of time. KeyCaps600 cuts this normal delay down to whatever was selected for the alphanumeric texts.

So if I did not let go of the navigation up/down or the volume up/down (set to scroll via butler) in 150mS, it repeated.

Anybody know how to get a hold of 'Alan Penner'?