1.    #1  
    I have a Cingular Treo 650. the screen randomly turns on without any keys being pressed. is it an application trying to access the net?? how do I fix it?
    Mine does it too (Sprint 650), but is usually at either on the hour or 59 minutes into an hour (ie. X:59 or X:00) The only ones I usually notice are at midnight, when I am going to bed. I don't know the fix, but it does cross brand barriers.
    Mine does this when the phone goes online and downloads my e-mail. Is your e-mail set up to auto download?
    Charles

Kyocera 6035-->Samsung I-300-->Samsung I-330-->Treo 600-->Sprint Treo 650-->Cingular Treo 650-->AT&T Treo 680-->AT&T Crimson Treo 680-->AT&T Black Centro-->AT&T Copper Treo 680-->iPhone 3G 8GB-->iPhone 3GS 16GB-->HTC EVO 4G
    I've had 4 phones all the same. The techs keep on telling me it's a "hardware" problem.

Irritating, but more so, it runs down the battery.
  5.    #5  
    thanks for the posts everyone. I actually did not have this problem when I had my sprint treo. I only started having this problem when I moved to gsm... I haven't scheduled automatic email downloads but now that you've reminded me, i'll do that now.
    My husband and I both have Cingular Treo 650s - his is a month newer than mine.

We'll be watching a movie and across the room it lights up. No idea why. It will be on his nightstand, turn on by itself. We have no idea why. He has almost nothing loaded on it.

Where as mine does have lots on it, but mine never turns on by itself.

Sorry I can't help solve but thought I'd chime in.
    Cingular GSM Treo 650, Apple PowerBook G4, iQue 3600, iPod Photo 60GB
    PalmPilot > Palm Vx > Palm M505 > Garmin iQue 3600 > Treo 650

Seek first to understand, then to be Understood
    I think with my CDMA 650, it has something to do with Verichat reconnecting after being occasionally disconnected, or Autosync kicking in per its schedule doing a 'cradle check'
    Did anyone find a resolution to this? I have VeriChat loaded on both my Treo and my husbands, but when we get home neither of us have it on and usually disconnect the data connection once we walk in the door.

But while we're trying to go to sleep all of the sudden the ceiling will light, because one of the Treo's came on but when you go to check it, there are no alerts or alarms popping up.

Gremlins?
    Cingular GSM Treo 650, Apple PowerBook G4, iQue 3600, iPod Photo 60GB
    PalmPilot > Palm Vx > Palm M505 > Garmin iQue 3600 > Treo 650

Seek first to understand, then to be Understood
    I've got a Treo 600 and sometimes, while I'm sleeping, it will light up around 3am. No reason. At first I thought I was getting a text message or something, but no...it just lights up in the middle of the night.

--> freddie
    Quote Originally Posted by vocomotion
    I've got a Treo 600 and sometimes, while I'm sleeping, it will light up around 3am. No reason. At first I thought I was getting a text message or something, but no...it just lights up in the middle of the night.

--> freddie
    The 3 a.m. thing is Snappermail.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    *Note-there is another thread about this with more info still... but:

I just want to put it out there that the exact same thing is happening with my Treo 700p--it randomly wakes/backlight and keyboard light up intermittently but only when the phone radio is on. I'm almost certain that it's the signal cutting in and out because it happens when it's on my desk which has anywhere from 0 - 2 bars and it fluctuates. So, I feel good about the diagnosis, but what about the treatment?
    I don't have verichat and this happens to my sprint 650 all the time :-(
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Download PalmInternals and NoAlarms and see if you can find out if there is something running in the background that is scheduled to do something at a specific time.
    Flash demos, reviews of PDA and smartphone apps and contests at Palm Discovery . How to do Palm resets. T/T2/T3/Treo screws