Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    Still on the quest for perfect email.

Versamail is OK, but nothing to write home about. My favorite was BaseJet (RIP).

Snapper seems too expensive, too bulky and cumbersome with No Push.

Everybody talks up chatter so I just downloaded the trial. A bit spartan on setup and interface but I'm looking for functionality...

1) The system uses very small icon buttons at the bottom of a message. Is there anyway to make them bigger? They are hard to press with a thumb and I'm not aware of any one key hotkeys for them.

2) Any way to make new messages show up in red like Versamail?

3)They don't seem to use the left and right side of the 5 way much, especiall within the message. I there a way within a message to jump to the previous or next without using the tiny icon buttons (see (1) above)

4) They have a scroll link preference that is nice to move through links within an email but then it is hard to page up and down in the email. Is there a way to keep it in page up and page down mode but still a quick way to "scroll links" similar to the way Avantgo Works. Perfect world would be to use the left and right 5-way to do that.

5) Hard Buttons. Seems like you can remap the hard buttons but only for a very limited set of predefined functions, none of which I want. Too bad you couldn't remap them to any chatter function(again possibly next and last message)
    Mark F Chinsky
    I have asked this thread to be moved to the Chatter forum.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    #1, #3: There are one-key commands for all of these things; to activate them, set the option in "Mailbox View" Preferences.

#2, #4: No, sorry.

#5: You probably don't need this with the one-key commands.

Marc
    Just curious why you need new messages in red? Isn't bold sufficient?

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Red would be bad for the color-blind; is there any such thing as bold-blind? Hmm...

Marc
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    Thanks, by RTFM and your replies, I'm almost there.

Back to the forward and back. There seems to be no command in the menu when viewing a message to go forward or back one message in the current box so the one buttom menu function feature doesn't seem to cut it.

Am I missing something/ Is there any scenario that allows you to read the next message by hitting a button (useful while driving )
    Mark F Chinsky
    Quote Originally Posted by mulcher
    Back to the forward and back. There seems to be no command in the menu when viewing a message to go forward or back one message in the current box so the one buttom menu function feature doesn't seem to cut it.

Am I missing something/ Is there any scenario that allows you to read the next message by hitting a button (useful while driving )
    You can use the 5-way to navigate to the icons on the bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by mulcher
    Thanks, by RTFM and your replies, I'm almost there.

Other than saying you shouldn't be reading your email while driving.... One Key command 'N' will move to the next message, while reading the current one, and 'P' will go to previous.
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    I hear ya on the driving part.

Thanks. How did you know these were the keys (other than a good guess). There is no menu command for N & P (p=paste) and the keys are not documented in any of the chatter manuals.
    Mark F Chinsky
    They aren't menu commands - they are one-key commands. I'll have to check what's documented and what's not... OOPS!

Marc