1.    #1  
    I am blowing away and reinstalling everything on my laptop (primary PC Treo syncs with). Do I just setup my Treo to over-write my PC? Do I need to keep any files from my Laptop?

Thanks!
    I wish I had a dime for every dime I have
    Quote Originally Posted by markyoung04
    I am blowing away and reinstalling everything on my laptop (primary PC Treo syncs with). Do I just setup my Treo to over-write my PC? Do I need to keep any files from my Laptop?

Thanks!
    There may be better advice coming from others, but I have done exactly what you described and it worked fine for me. I was moving to a new desktop PC from my old one.

1. Hotsync on Old PC to insure everything on Treo is current
    2. Install Desktop and conduits on new PC
    3. Hotsync on New PC with everything set to Handheld->Overwrites->Desktop

Have fun,
    ChickenHawk
    I'd probably make a copy of my sync folder before I wipe it, just in case.
  4.    #4  
    Where is it located? I did a search for folders with my name (which is my hotsync ID) on it, but came up empty. I found an OLD sync folder i use...
    Mine is under C:\Program Files\palmOne\
  6.    #6  
    Well, even though it was not there, I did it anyway and it worked out just fine, Chapura's program which enables me to sync Business Contact Manager for Outlook made it simple - best program out there if anyone is using Outlook and/or BCM.
    Handheld overwrite desktop procedure is ok, but it will not transfer all your 3rd party conduit fyi. For that you will either have to reinstall or manually copy the appropiate dll's if you know what they are....

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions