1.    #1  
    Is there any way to change or remove this sound? It's really chirpy and irritating.
    Don't know. . . but in the meantime, you can slide to the ringer off position when you power the phone on and off . . .
    Cheers, Perry
    Last edited by gtwo; 06/28/2005 at 12:39 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by checkmate
    Is there any way to change or remove this sound? It's really chirpy and irritating.
    There have been long threads on changing the power up and power down splash screens.

I believe if you go to www.shadowmite.com he has some there along with instructions on how to use them.

I installed some custom ones and managed to get rid of the sound. I agree it is HELLA annoying!
    Quote Originally Posted by checkmate
    Launch the Preferences app: Sound & Alerts, Application: General, System Volume: Off
    What else does that silence besides the phone power on and off jingle? Appointment alarms?

Edit -- it certainly gets rid of the jingle, but all other system sounds, as well.
    Global Posts
    324 Global Posts
    Yup, set System Volume to Off. Not only will the annoying sounds go away, but some operations (like hotsync) will start and finish faster, because they don't have to wait for the happy sound to finish playing before proceeding to the next screen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    What else does that silence besides the phone power on and off jingle? Appointment alarms?
    It just silences the general (and to my mind, annoying) beeps and boops that serve no purpose. Appointment alarms are controlled in the Application: Calendar screen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Gamble
    It just silences the general (and to my mind, annoying) beeps and boops that serve no purpose. Appointment alarms are controlled in the Application: Calendar screen.

Thanks, Bill !!

However, I do like that little chatter from my buddy. . . . . (Takes all kinds.)

Cheers, Perry.
  9.    #9  
    Thanks, I'll give that a try and hope I'm not missing any important sounds....