Results 1 to 3 of 3
  1.    #1  
    I've got the BlueTooth DUN working to use my Verizon Treo 650 as a modem for my Powerbook. But I'd like to get it to work as a modem over USB, in the hopes that the speed will be better. After many hours of trying to get WirelessModem to work, I have not been able to get past it crashing the Treo when the Mac initiates the connection.

    I hear often from my Wintel friends that PDAnet works great. But there is no Mac version. So let's all let the PDAnet developer know that we want a Mac version of their program. If they get enough response, maybe they will make a Mac version.

    Please email June Fabrics at support@junefabrics.com and ask them to develop a Mac version of PDAnet.
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by rickoberndorf
    I've got the BlueTooth DUN working to use my Verizon Treo 650 as a modem for my Powerbook. But I'd like to get it to work as a modem over USB, in the hopes that the speed will be better. After many hours of trying to get WirelessModem to work, I have not been able to get past it crashing the Treo when the Mac initiates the connection.

    I hear often from my Wintel friends that PDAnet works great. But there is no Mac version. So let's all let the PDAnet developer know that we want a Mac version of their program. If they get enough response, maybe they will make a Mac version.

    Please email June Fabrics at support@junefabrics.com and ask them to develop a Mac version of PDAnet.

    May I ask what modem driver you used for the Verizon Bluetooth DUN hack on your PB? Also what OS are you using. X 10.3.9 or X 10.4.1 ?

    Thanks in advance.
  3.    #3  
    I'm using the DUN hack provided by DrWowe on this thread:

    http://discuss.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=80151

    Thanks DrWowe!

    I'm using the Treo modem script provided in the WirelessModem download (notifymail.com), although the au_cdmaOne_C413S_by_Sony script worked just as well.

    I set it up on the Mac side by following the instructions at:

    http://vocaro.com/trevor/treo-dun/

    Thanks Trevor!

    Instead of the Sprint setting of no userid or password, I used mycellphonenumber@vzw3g.com for the userid and "vzw" for the password.

    After getting this all set up, I was able to connect, but the connection dropped after a few minutes. I turned off "Send PPP Echo Packets" in the PPP Options section of the Network preference pane. That seemed to make the connection stable.

Posting Permissions