Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    I'm trying to figure out how best to manage which conduits need to be installed and or running. As I look at the Conduit Setup on the 650, I see several duplicates as well as an item that has been deleted. I guess I can uncheck the conduits, but can they be deleted?

Conduits Running:
    Snappermail = 1 (Deleted app)
    Versamail = 2
    Hotsync = 2
    Camera = 2

Thanks,

David...
    You have to go to your palm folder on your HD and delete the corresponding DLL's for the conduits in question. Usually, the uninstall takes care of this, but as they say sh!t happens...

If you want paid solution though, there is a conduit manager app that can do this (clean/manage) called Conduit buddy:

http://www.livepim.com/condbudy/

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    Thanks,

Snappermail is fixed...

I believe that the Versamail conduit is VMConduit.dll, and only found one in the Palmone directory. There was only 1 camera.dll and no Hotsync dll, unless it's HSAPI.fll.

I unchecked one of each for the items that are duplicated, so far with no noticeable affects.

Is there anything else I can try?

David...
    Last edited by DavidJ; 06/29/2005 at 09:23 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidJ
    Thanks,

Snappermail is fixed...

I believe that the Versamail conduit is VMConduit.dll, and only found one in the Palmone directory. There was only 1 camera.dll and no Hotsync dll, unless it's HSAPI.fll.

I unchecked one of each for the items that are duplicated, so far with no noticeable affects.

Is there anything else I can try?

David...
    Try Conduit Buddy, as suggested. There is a fully working demo available.
    -BB
    Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    OK, I tried Conduit Buddy but it didn't help.

The inserted picture below is a sample of what I see on the 650 from the Hotsync / Conduit Setup. Yet Conduit Buddy only shows 1 conduit for Versa Mail. If I was to attach images showing the Camera and Hotsync entries it would look identical, 2 entries for each application.

In addition, Conduit Buddy doesn't show ANY conduits for the Camera or for Hotsync. As indicated earlier, I unchecked both VM conduits earlier today but it still seems to be sync'ing with the desktop.

So does this seem strange, or is it that I just don't understand conduits?

David...

http://kcnitro.com/screenshot10006-a.jpg
    Hmmm...might be somethign screwy with versamail itself. Have you tried deleting all your versamil settings/DB and just re-entering your email info?

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    GNM, Thanks

I only see two files on the Treo that are VM related. One is Versamail 12k and the other is Versamail_enUS 436k. I assume the latter is the program and the first one is the db to delete ?

Both files are in ROM, does that make any difference?

David...
  8. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Are there any free alternatives to Conduit Buddy? Kinda like a manager of sorts. The one you can choose the profiles for. I had it on my old computer, but hard drive failure took care of that proggie for me.
  9. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    Are there any free alternatives to Conduit Buddy? Kinda like a manager of sorts. The one you can choose the profiles for. I had it on my old computer, but hard drive failure took care of that proggie for me.
    Found It! While not free it is limited. GoSync