Global Posts
    595 Global Posts
    Since upgrading to 1.13/1.28, it seems like the phone is "holding" DTMF tones too long (it seems EVERY call gets worse).

The previous workaround (as it affected speakerphone) was to "mute the call". That doesn't work any more.

Using the "virtual" touchscreen numbers helps, but still not more than 80% (especially on long account numbers).
  2. DDD
    If you go into the "Phone Preferences" section , there is an option for short DTMF Tones.
    Quote Originally Posted by DDD
    If you go into the "Phone Preferences" section , there is an option for short DTMF Tones.
    I dont have "phone Preferences" all I have is general preferences, sound preferences (not in here either), call preferences, dial preferences, call barring, and phone lock. Why is there no "phone preferences on my treo ?
    Global Posts
    478 Global Posts
    is that on the gsm version as well? We have the same issue but I dont see that option

rob
    Yea, mine is a Cingular branded Treo 650 but i updated to the unlocked firmware version.
    Global Posts
    478 Global Posts
    I see that DDD is a Sprint user...so this does not appear to be a GSM option unless it is hidden somewhere...

rob
    Global Posts
    595 Global Posts
    Unlocked GSM -- I don't have any of the long/short like Sprint.

This is turning into complete bullsh!t -- the SprintPCS version is the only non-crippled one. I'm going to light up a sh!tstorm at palmOne...

Class action lawsuit anyone?
    Quote Originally Posted by lindros2
    Class action lawsuit anyone?
    Yeah, cause that's productive.

Why don't you start an online petition while you're at it?
    Unlocked GSM Palm 650.
    Global Posts
    595 Global Posts
    I just want my phone to work (read: core features including Bluetooth) and the people at the company to (a) be competent and (b) speak English (at least understand my English).

Neither of those hold true with palmOne.
    Global Posts
    131 Global Posts
    Yes, not having the short dtmf option on the GSM version like there is on the Sprint version was a hassle for me. I check my voicemail a lot and the long dtmf on the gsm was a real headache. Not only that, but with the new firmware on sprint the short dtmf's are even shorter so now checking voicemail is really fast