1.    #1  
    I bought my 650 yesterday (and already I love it a bit too much.) and I was looking to add a bit more memory to it. Does anyone know if it is compatable with the 2GB (Secure Digital Ultra 2) type of SD cards?

Thanks in advance,

Brian Clark
    President
    MDP Enterprises, LLC
  2.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by hofo_mofo
    i have a 2GB ATP SD card...perfectly fien and works great
    Where did you buy yours at? I found some on pricewatch for around $184 or so.
    Quote Originally Posted by JBrianClark
    I bought my 650 yesterday (and already I love it a bit too much.) and I was looking to add a bit more memory to it. Does anyone know if it is compatable with the 2GB (Secure Digital Ultra 2) type of SD cards?

Thanks in advance,

Brian Clark
    President
    MDP Enterprises, LLC

Have used both the SanDisk 2.0GB and 2.0GB Ultra II SD Cards in my Treo 650, both have worked great.

Cheers, Perry
    The normal sandisk 2gb card is about $150 on ebay right now and is the one I recommend. The ultra 2 works, but the speed is not that much faster and it's highly likely to corrupt the data in the treo over time. (You'll have strange errors after a few months.)
    Thanks Shadowmite --- I will go back to my standard 2.0!!

Cheers, Perry
    Do the corruption errors occur with all sizes of Ultra II cards? I just moved to a 1 gb Ultra II
    I've been using the sandisk ultra II 2GB for a little over a month now with no problems. I got it "used" on ebay for $148

I think the speed differance is pretty dramatic. I couldn't record voice memos to the SD card without a lot of breaking up and distortion with "regular" SD cards, and now they record perfectly.
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmite
    The normal sandisk 2gb card is about $150 on ebay right now and is the one I recommend. The ultra 2 works, but the speed is not that much faster and it's highly likely to corrupt the data in the treo over time. (You'll have strange errors after a few months.)
    Shadowmite, do you know if there is any particular reason for this behavior you are reporting? I've been using a Sandisk 2GB Ultra II for a short time only (formerly a 1GB), but have had no problems. So if this is something that may creep up on me, I'd like to know.

Thanks
    I'd also like to hear if anybody else is having Ultra II 2gb problems as I was just about to order one... then looked here to make sure before I did and found this! Thanks shadow ;]
    Can an intelligence create another intelligence more intelligent than itself? Are we more intelligent than the evolutionary process that created us? In turn, will the intelligence that we are creating come to exceed that of its creator?

[ Treo 650 on Sprint ]
    like I said above.. a little over a month. no problems.. i keep swapping some movies, mp3's and record meetings.
    Also, keep in mind that although the speed difference when used with the Treo may not be that great with a high speed card, the difference will be when used with a compatible card reader and your PC to move files.
    Last edited by treotim; 06/28/2005 at 07:09 PM.
    I am with v3treonut, but have been using my Ultra II (1GB) for about 5-6 months. I hope I don't have any errors creep up on my....my Master's Thesis is on there. (backed up of course, but not when I am in transition from school to home.)