Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    I am getting ready to download volumecare but I am just curious, can volumecare be too loud and harm any part of the speaker on the phone or have any other ill effects? Right now I can barely hear anyone, but I love the phone, I know it sounds like I am a prime candidate but I just wanted to make sure I would not be hurting anything in the process?
    Who can say ? If you want a 100% that any software will not cause problems I think you will have trouble.

However, after you install VC you have to turn it on and set the volume you want. So if you set it at the lowest setting first you can then increase it one bit at a time until you are happy with the output. That way you should never turn it too loud.
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by ChasT
    Who can say ? If you want a 100% that any software will not cause problems I think you will have trouble.

However, after you install VC you have to turn it on and set the volume you want. So if you set it at the lowest setting first you can then increase it one bit at a time until you are happy with the output. That way you should never turn it too loud.
    Ditto from a VolumeCare customer.
    Atlas Just Shrugged!
    I am using the latest version of VC (currently 2.13). With 1.28 and the volume on my headset set to MAX it is TOO loud. I don't think the hardware is harmed, but my ear drum does not like it. I turned down the volume in VC to a comfortable level.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder
    I am using the latest version of VC (currently 2.13). With 1.28 and the volume on my headset set to MAX it is TOO loud. I don't think the hardware is harmed, but my ear drum does not like it. I turned down the volume in VC to a comfortable level.
    And that's a very good problem to have.

That's the way the phone should be. Full blast is only for very noisy environments.
    Atlas Just Shrugged!
    How did I miss this fantastic piece of software??? VolumeCare is THE answer for Treo 650 volume problems! I thought the slight improvement after the lastest firmwre update was good enough, but then I saw this app mentioned on one of those "must have" threads and thought I'd give it a try. Wow! I was blown away! My Treo now sounds like my old Samsung that had the best volume on any phone I've had. My only issue with my Treo has been eliminated. It is practically perfect now.
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowrtype
    How did I miss this fantastic piece of software???
    VC has been around a while, but until last week, all it did was set your volume to the factory set max. Last week, in response to request, Jeff re-wrote the software to give it new functionality. It instantly became "must have." I'm with you. It solved my only significant complaint about the 650.
    The thread developing the software is here.