1.    #1  
    By reading these threads, I know that alot of people have the State Farm Personal Articles insurance on their 650. My questions is: did anybody file a claim with them? what is the process? The reason I'm asking is that my phone got stolen tonite and I'm not sure what to do. What are the procedures? Should I fill a police report? Is State farm going to ask for one?
    I am a police officer and I can tell you that any insurance company is going to require a police report.
    Global Posts
    274 Global Posts
    I had mine stolen about a month ago. State Farm will pay for the amount you specified when you added your Treo to your Personal Articles policy. Joshuatree is correct. They WILL require a police report number. Also, they will most likely tell you that they will not renew coverage on the replacement Treo.
  4.    #4  
    so, I should go to the nearest police station and fill out a report.

It's just interesting that they only ask for a police report in case it was stolen. If you said you lost it, they probably won't. The same probably applies if you drop the phone and it's not usable.
  5.    #5  
    but did anybody actually get to fill a claim with state farm? if somebody did, then did they cancel your policy? I called State Farm today and they said they will get back to me the next day.
    right, because if it was stolen then it was a crime to be reported. If it was lost then it's not a crime and not to be reported.
    Global Posts
    274 Global Posts
    horatiub -

Yes, I filed a claim and it was paid - for the amount I specified when I added the Treo to my Personal Articles Policy. This was for my wife's 600. When I tried to add my 650, they claimed that their underwriters advised them against coverage of smartphones, so they would not add my 650 - which was also stolen. I got no reimbursement for my 650. They paid for the 600 because they had to honor the original agreement. My wife and I both have 650's now with no coverage.
    Quote Originally Posted by horatiub
    so, I should go to the nearest police station and fill out a report.

It's just interesting that they only ask for a police report in case it was stolen. If you said you lost it, they probably won't. The same probably applies if you drop the phone and it's not usable.
    The reason they dont ask for a police report if it was accidentally lost or damaged is because the police wont care and they wont fill out a police report. This is because there was no actual crime commited. The police only deal with crimes, no crime, no police report.