Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    I just bought a phone off of Ebay and expect it to arrive this week. Looking forward to my first Treo (been a palm and PPC user back and forth for about 6 years).
    The phone I bought is a SPRINT-BRANDED phone that is set to be used on the Verizon network (what I use). Here is the link to the phone I bought in case that helps:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=5784839441
    (I "best offered" $340 for it and not the $457 by the way. I hope that's a good deal.)

I think (from my reading of these forums) that I should use the SPRINT update and not the VZW, but I just want to make sure before I make a wrong move.

thanks for any help in advance.

Kai-
    Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    When I activate the phone will I just call VZW customer support? Do I tell them it is a SPRINT-BRANDED phone? Will that matter? Will it activate (and work) the same way as a "pure" VZW phone?

I just want to make this go as smoothly as possible when I activate the phone.

thanks.

Kai-
    If you tell them they WILL NOT activate it. You have to tell them it's some type of Verizon phone.

As for which update to use, I'd recommend using the sprint phone custom roms only as they have the prl update removed from them. If you run the real sprint update it'll convert the phone back to sprint towers and you'll be roaming all the time until you get it fixed.
  4. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmite
    If you tell them they WILL NOT activate it. You have to tell them it's some type of Verizon phone.

As for which update to use, I'd recommend using the sprint phone custom roms only as they have the prl update removed from them. If you run the real sprint update it'll convert the phone back to sprint towers and you'll be roaming all the time until you get it fixed.
    There you are! I see you have been around here and but I haven't seen you. I just wanted to say thanks for what you have done for Treo owners worldwide. Again thanks.
    Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    Two questions Shadowmite:

1. Where do I find this "sprint phone custom rom"? Can I find them on this site by searching (easily)?

2. What do I tell VZW when I call to activate? Should I just say it is a VZW Treo 650 since they do carry them? Will the numbers (serial, activation, etc.) be hinky and register as "non-Verizon"?

Any help with the activation process when I call is much appreciated. I'm a bit nervous about this, but excited to get a Treo.

thanks
    Kai-