Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    I am looking for a program that allows the user to "color code" entries in the calendar/datebook program. I want to be able to give a background "tint" to each entry so that a quick glance will tell me if it is "personal" or "business" or whatever.

Will the DtBkx series do this? Are there any freeware programs that will do only this and nothing else?

Just curious.

thanks.

Kai-
    The DateBk program from Pimlico allows setting font color and background color.
    I am not aware of any freeware apps that do this.
    Zane
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Agendus 9
    Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    Thank you msales15. Agendus 9 seems to be what I am looking for. Not cheap, but it covers what needs to be done. my appreciation to you.

zvandiver, I can't quite tell if DateBk will color code each event depending on how it is marked. I don't want to read a 100 page manual to find out. It says it does do "color entries", but I'm not sure what that means. thanks for the info, though.

Kai-
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaivorb
    I am looking for a program that allows the user to "color code" entries in the calendar/datebook program. I want to be able to give a background "tint" to each entry so that a quick glance will tell me if it is "personal" or "business" or whatever.

Will the DtBkx series do this? Are there any freeware programs that will do only this and nothing else?

Just curious.

thanks.

Kai-
    Try KsDatebook freeware for a good calendar/datebook replacement http://www.freewarepalm.com/database/ksdatebook.shtml and an accompanying app called MakeSpot that gives you the ability to assign colors to days or tasks http://www.ne.jp/asahi/soft/miday/En.../MakeSpot.html.

The KsDatebook readme mentions MakeSpot as compatible so it sounds like the one-two punch you're looking for. I used this combination for a while on my Treo600 but eventually needed more capabilities. Went with Agendus Standard and I also use MonthPlanner.
    Sprint Treo 600 (since October '03) --> PPC 6700 (exactly 29 days) --> Sprint Treo 600 --> Sprint Treo 700p --> BB Curve 8330.
    Beyond Contacts does it as well. I'm trying it now and so far I like what I see.
    The DateBook in the Treo650 has this feature built in...