Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I finally got my Seido cradle. I was very excited by the idea of having a cradle that can be used while my Treo stays in its case. Seido has come up with a novel design where the connector on the cradle is spring loaded and can pivot to accomodate different case designs. I understand that Seido has a patent pending on the design. It is very clever.

The connector on the cradle fits snuggly into the bottom of my Treo. The plastic guides on the connector seem a tad longer than the ones on the PalmOne sync cable which helps deal with the thickness of the case. It has been taking two hands to fit the Treo into the cradle. Once in its cradle the Treo stands upright at almost 90 degrees. I wish Seido had tilted the Treo back slightly which would provide better screen viewing and more stability.

I am sure there are some cases that will not work with this cradle, but for the ones that do work this cradle is a big win. I use the Treo 650 slipper case from EB Cases and it works very nicely. I also like the fact that I have access to the external antenna connector on the back which gets used from my home office. You can see it in the attached pictures when looking at the back of my Treo in the upper right corner.

The audio out jack on the back will have a lot of appeal to people that want to play music from their Treo. I would have preferred a phone jack that could support input and output. One of these days I will switch from a wired headset to Bluetooth so this limitation will go away.

My biggest gripe is the 42" USB cable which is too short to reach from my desktop to the tower case sitting on the floor next to my desk. I just orderred a 10' USB-to-USB cable which will solve this issue. I did a quick test with my laptop. On the base there is a green LED that show power and a hotsync button.

Overall, the Seido cradle is leaps-and-bounds better then anything else currently on the market. Its design will appeal to any Treo user that wants to keep their device in its case. On a scale of 1 to 10, I give this product an eight.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder
    I finally got my Seido cradle. I was very excited by the idea of having a cradle that can be used while my Treo stays in its case. Seido has come up with a novel design where the connector on the cradle is spring loaded and can pivot to accomodate different case designs. I understand that Seido has a patent pending on the design. It is very clever.

The connector on the cradle fits snuggly into the bottom of my Treo. The plastic guides on the connector seem a tad longer than the ones on the PalmOne sync cable which helps deal with the thickness of the case. It has been taking two hands to fit the Treo into the cradle. Once in its cradle the Treo stands upright at almost 90 degrees. I wish Seido had tilted the Treo back slightly which would provide better screen viewing and more stability.

I am sure there are some cases that will not work with this cradle, but for the ones that do work this cradle is a big win. I use the Treo 650 slipper case from EB Cases and it works very nicely. I also like the fact that I have access to the external antenna connector on the back which gets used from my home office. You can see it in the attached pictures when looking at the back of my Treo in the upper right corner.

The audio out jack on the back will have a lot of appeal to people that want to play music from their Treo. I would have preferred a phone jack that could support input and output. One of these days I will switch from a wired headset to Bluetooth so this limitation will go away.

My biggest gripe is the 42" USB cable which is too short to reach from my desktop to the tower case sitting on the floor next to my desk. I just orderred a 10' USB-to-USB cable which will solve this issue. I did a quick test with my laptop. On the base there is a green LED that show power and a hotsync button.

Overall, the Seido cradle is leaps-and-bounds better then anything else currently on the market. Its design will appeal to any Treo user that wants to keep their device in its case. On a scale of 1 to 10, I give this product an eight.
    Thanks for the review, we will take your feedbacks into consideration.

For Innodock, It began with a dream and our engineers and designers make it happen.

Innodock for Treo 600 will be ready this week.

David Chang
    Product Marketing Manager
    Seidio
    dsc@seidio.com
    Got mine last week and really happy with it. Using it with my Sena Leatherskin case which is very thin so I get a good tilt angle when docked. Use 2 hands when docking as well most of the time but have done it with 1 hand as well, although I get nervous I'll break the connector, but if you position the Treo at 90 degrees to place it in the cradle it can be done, just takes a little getting used to

Hotsync button on the cradle could have a slightly more raised 'bump' to make it easier press I think..or if it had been a little larger.

A slightly longer USB cable would have been nice but not a huge deal.

Thank you, excellent product!
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo
    Got mine last week and really happy with it. Using it with my Sena Leatherskin case which is very thin so I get a good tilt angle when docked. Use 2 hands when docking as well most of the time but have done it with 1 hand as well, although I get nervous I'll break the connector, but if you position the Treo at 90 degrees to place it in the cradle it can be done, just takes a little getting used to

Hotsync button on the cradle could have a slightly more raised 'bump' to make it easier press I think..or if it had been a little larger.

A slightly longer USB cable would have been nice but not a huge deal.

Thank you, excellent product!
    We will take it into consideration.

Seidio
  5.    #5  
    I took a closer look at the tilt action. Without the case, my Treo can tilt back to a nice viewing angle. With the case the sides of the Treo hit the sides of the cradle keeping it from moving back at all. A nice design refinement would be to make the molded plastic wider to allow the Treo with case to tilte back.
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder
    I took a closer look at the tilt action. Without the case, my Treo can tilt back to a nice viewing angle. With the case the sides of the Treo hit the sides of the cradle keeping it from moving back at all. A nice design refinement would be to make the molded plastic wider to allow the Treo with case to tilte back.
    Hi Scott,

Thank you for the feedbacks. The OEM cradle allows you to tilt at around 18 degree, Innodock allows the treo with skin to tilt at around 23 degree. For Treo with leather case, it will be between 19 and 23 degree depending on the leather thickness.

David Chang
    Seidio
    It would be great if Sedio made it so it uses the original Hotsync cable/ac cable.
    Quote Originally Posted by nXt
    It would be great if Sedio made it so it uses the original Hotsync cable/ac cable.
    Hi,

we use USB to USB cable as it is a proven technology. Relaibiltiy is our top priority.

Seidio
  9.    #9  
    With my EB leather case installed on my Treo I get 0 degress of tilt!. The palm stands upright in the craddle. I would probably go back to hotsync cable before switching cases!
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio
    Hi,

we use USB to USB cable as it is a proven technology. Relaibiltiy is our top priority.

Seidio
    I usually charge my Treo 650 when I go to bed. I'll be very happy if there is a cradle that can use the original A/C adaptor as the power source. Because then during the night I can turn off my PC, which is kind of noisy.

In other word, the PalmOne cradle would have been a perfect cadle for me, only if it can be used with the skin case on.
    onnow,
    I dont have the cradle, but wouldn't a perfect solution for you be to plug the cradle into a powered USB hub?
    That way you could sync to PC and then shut the PC off at night and the treo would still charge.
    The Palm cradle is a poorly made unreliable overpriced pile o' doo-doo. How quickly can the Sedio charge it up?
    Is the Innotech cradle for the 600 available yet???
    Quote Originally Posted by onnow
    I usually charge my Treo 650 when I go to bed. I'll be very happy if there is a cradle that can use the original A/C adaptor as the power source. Because then during the night I can turn off my PC, which is kind of noisy.

In other word, the PalmOne cradle would have been a perfect cadle for me, only if it can be used with the skin case on.
    They have AC to USB adaptors.
    Quote Originally Posted by sempka
    Is the Innotech cradle for the 600 available yet???
    The Innodock for Treo 600 will be available tomorrow !

David Chang
    Seidio
    dsc@seidio.com
    Just got mine yesterday. Windows keeps poping up and saying USB error.
    Is there any way to get the audio out to work on anything other than headphones? I want to hook this up to line in on my stereo, but unless I put headphones in the speaker still plays and no feed comes out the audio port.
    Hi,

Innodock works with most of the speakers, for some speaker, it does not work due to impedance problem of Treo. You can do the search in this forum . you can find theory, helpful tips. Below is one of them

Just an update for anyone paying attention:

I was having problems with the audio-out port on my cradle. My Treo 650 wasn't detecting that I had plugged it into an aux-in port on my desktop stereo. It would output the sound to the speaker on the back of the Treo, rather than to the stereo.

I picked up an inline volume control from Radio Shack for just under $6, and plugged it in between the cradle and the stereo. That fixed the problem. I think it added some impedance to the circuit, so now the Treo detects that something is connected.

Seidio is also working on a solution. will be ready shortly.

Seidio
    Thanks for the input. I bought two. I also bought the 12 adapter for USB. My plan is to use one as normal for syncing. The plan for the other one is for my boat to connect the Treo to my boat stereo. I'd like to exchange the one I have that I planned on using in the boat for one that works without additional cables. The point of using the new cradle was to eliminate the additional wires. Would it be possible to RMA the one for one that will work without additional impedance connectors?
    I have the impedance (I guess) problem with my Treo 650. I cannot get it to work with the aux input in my Honda Ridgeline. I tried the headphone volume control idea and that did not help. It will work with regular ear plugs for a walkman or ipod. Also, the Bluetooth does not always work with a line plugged into the speaker.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast