Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by rouxdoo
    I'm having the same problem with the long tones but I have a thought. I bet the problem is mostly with T-Mo's voicemail system. I had frequent failures before the update and pretty much constant failure getting in to VM after the update. However, when I dial into another computer response system (equifax verification line - pretty complicated series of pauses and extra digits for authorization) it may take forever but it never fails. The T-Mo computer just isn't listening very carefully.
    Even if it were just T-Mo (which it isn't, my office switchboard doesn't like it either), the point is that it changed with the new firmware, for the worse. It wasn't in the "release notes" and is definitely longer than what all my other phones consider normal.
    I'm having this problem on unlocked Cingular GSM 1.23 (and previous firmwares too). It only affects the '#' key, and usually only after the second press. I can workaround it by using the '#' key on the touchscreen instead.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Since upgrading I have been unable to access my work voicemail with my Treo. Very frustrating! No matter what I try I get long DTMF that our office system will not recognize (it takes two short "*" to log in).

Anyone figure out a solution yet?
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    I have the same issue on my unlocked GSM 650 and I'm using the latest firmware 01.30. I can access my T-Mobile voice mail but can't do anything after getting into it as the key presses are not recognized. Using the on screen touch pad I did get in to my office voice mail. I'm going to do a hard reset and verify that that doesn't work or maybe it will though I'm not hopeful.
    GSM Treo 600 > Unlocked GSM Treo 650 on T-Mobile - Attempting to use a BB Curve

Technology is neither good nor evil, good people will find good uses for it and evil people will find evil uses for it. Phil P.
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    Well the hard reset brought me no joy. Arrghh. This is most annoying.

Technology is neither good nor evil, good people will find good uses for it and evil people will find evil uses for it. Phil P.
    Well, I've been hesitant to go from 1.04 Cingular to 1.28 Unlocked, and certainly worry about the long dial tone issues; I need my voicemail, as I use this thing as my pager/cell phone in my work as a physician.

Have any of you tried applying the 1.30 beta update that is posted elsewhere on this board? There is some question if 1.30 is supposed to be a fix for this very problem, and it would be nice to see if that is the case. If so, I can see no reason not to go forward; I'm thinking Cingular may never release an update!
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanWPowers
    Could this be a possible culprit? Anybody else with this problem using Volume Care?

Ryan
    Hey Ryan/All,
    I have an unlocked GSM and VC installed, runnint 1.13 ROW/1.28 and no probs.
    -Wouter
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug62
    Well, I've been hesitant to go from 1.04 Cingular to 1.28 Unlocked, and certainly worry about the long dial tone issues; I need my voicemail, as I use this thing as my pager/cell phone in my work as a physician.

Have any of you tried applying the 1.30 beta update that is posted elsewhere on this board? There is some question if 1.30 is supposed to be a fix for this very problem, and it would be nice to see if that is the case. If so, I can see no reason not to go forward; I'm thinking Cingular may never release an update!
    As I said in post #24, I have firmware1.30 on my Treo and it does not resolve the problem. As far as I know it never purported to fix the problem either. It was suppoosed to fix something with the GSM radio and others have reported improvements in the DBCache. I haven't had problems with my DBCache so I can't confirm that 1.30 improved it.

I seem to be having this issue also, but only when i am using my BT headset.
    Treo 750 / Cingular 3125
    I too have the same problem. I think we need to clarify for all those other replies...

Treo dials out fine. However once you are already on the call the tones are very long. For example today I'm travelling into Malaysia. I dial the MCI access number fine, but after the automatic voice prompt - I push the number keys & by the time I key in the 16 digit card number the tones are (I kid you not) about 6 secs behind me... MCI auto system recognises none of them, Not even a single tone of 0 to get directly to an operator - I have to wait for it to time out and get switched thorough to a live person where I have to quote this & the number I'm calling. All of this time I'm paying roaming charges (dialing free call # on a mobile is not free!). So for every call I'd say that at least 2 min longer than it needs to be.,

All the others reporting no problem - is that just based on dialing a straight number?!
    Global Posts
    296 Global Posts
    I have this too - but have had a variation of this problem ever since I got my Treo 650. I have one bank account that the Treo 600 could never send the account number to properly. I get that far now, but the tone is so long that once I've authenticated, if I press a number to check the balance, for example, the system must think I've pressed it twice, because instead of giving me the info I want I just get a message that I've pressed a number that is not valid.
    I have the same problem too. Mine is Unlock GSM (purchased from hong kong) and already upgraded to the 1.28/1.13 firmware. The long tone problem makes me unable performing any phone banking, voice mail, PPS, etc.

Very very annonying....
    Global Posts
    274 Global Posts
    I have the same problem in Mexico with an unlocked Cingular phone. I just updated to the latest Cingular firmware (1.31/1.15). I am in Mexico and cannot log onto my home voicemail. I don't know if this will affect access in the US - haven't tried it yet. But I could access both places just fine before the update.

I have Volume Care also - which has been ruled out as the problem.

Jeff (Gibson) - is this a software update feature you would consider adding to VolumeCare?
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    I just got my Treo 650 last week, and I have the same problem most other folks are having with touchtones and voicemail. Specifically, my work voicemail system listens for one * tone to allow dial-by-name, and two consecutive * tones in start the login process. Because the Treo 650's tones are so long, I frequently (75% of the time) can't login because I get routed to the dial-by-name before it recognizes the second tone.

Firmware 1.28
    Software Treo650-1.13-ROW

As others have noted, it also extremely annoying to have to wait so long.

My old, battered, cheapo Nokia sent beautiful, short, chirpy touchtones and never failed to log me in.
    spoked with Palm today reagarding the problem and they have stated that "their technicians are aware and are working to create a patch to resolve the issue."

Not sure I can wait for how ever long that will take. Is it possible to go back to Cingular 1.04 from 1.15? It seems that people are posting that it is hapenning as far back as 1.21 on the unlocked versions.

Cingular locked
    Treo650-1.15-CNG
    A
    I too am having this problem with a new unlocked unbranded treo straight out of the box. I can't log into my firm's voicemail system to check my messages. The tones are about a second long and the voicemail system insists I am typing an incorrect access code when I know it is correct (and works from my old cell phone.) Both, by the way, are on Tmo - but I highly doubt that has anything to do with it.

Firmware 1.28 Software Treo650-1.13-ROW

Shadowmite, can you help?!?!?
    The problem, at least for some of us, has been when using speakerphone. If I don't use the speaker I can acess my work phone messages just fine. If I turn the speaker on, the system can't recognize my phones imput.

stephan
    I think it would be easier to get everyone else in the world to "fix" their telephone menus, rather than getting palm to take ownership and fix the problem .. I mean feature.
    Looks like this is a thread with split personality.

"...I have a friend who is a cingular user that wants to buy 650... ... here is my question... can he buy an unlocked 650 and use it with is current sim card?

He sure can. He can by a Cingular and use his current Cingular card, or he can get an unlock and use another carrier's sim (T-Mobile is the only other GSM carrier I known of in the USA.). I switch between T-Mo and Cingular regularly.

If he is using blue tooth, I assume he wants to use it to connect to the net. If so, he needs the data services instead of just voice.

--------

And yes, I hate the long dial tone also. As I drive along the highway, the long duration increases the likelihood that there is a tower hand-over which drops a key or two and you are off to the voice prompt wonderland.
    Yup - It only seems to be a problem for me with speakerphone. Problem is I almost always use speakerphone when I have to type in those voicemail menus.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12