1.    #1  
    Does anyone have any details (timeline wise) as to when we can expect the Cingular Firmware update?

The Out of Memory errors are driving me nuts!

Any information is greatly appreciated. One would think that it wouldn't be all that difficult. They've got the base, all they need is the custom stuff.

- Viper73
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ingular+update

in short...no one knows...it'll pop up at the palmone support page when it's released
    why not update it the hard way???? Many have done this including me and it works great....Started with a 1.04/1.06 now my FW/SW is 1.26/1.13

No problems gained almost 5 mbs. and lounder earpiece with cleaerersounding speaker phone. DUN enabled tested and working too.
    No the unlocked version update sucks on cingular phones. I updated mine and have many problems. Resets a LOT more now, stupid tones on the numbers are so long (like when typing in voicemail password), and sometimes the phones just freezes and you cannot turn it on or off. I HATE this update.
    update worked fine for my cingular locked
    Solution - Switch to a real carrier? ;p
    If you are having problems with the update I seriously suggest reinstalling all your 3rd party applications manually versus doing a restore or full hotsync. 1.28ROW is a stable release. Most problems can be traced to misbehaved 3rd party apps or messed up preference files.

I have updated mutliple Cingular phones both locked and unlocked by installing 1.23 first that 1.28 on top of it. Works great.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Cingular with a factory unlocked 650 is the way to go.
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder
    If you are having problems with the update I seriously suggest reinstalling all your 3rd party applications manually versus doing a restore or full hotsync. 1.28ROW is a stable release. Most problems can be traced to misbehaved 3rd party apps or messed up preference files.

I have updated mutliple Cingular phones both locked and unlocked by installing 1.23 first that 1.28 on top of it. Works great.
    I second this post.

1) unlocked the phone (doubt it was needed)
    2) sync the data I wanted to keep (very minimal: contacts, calender, a few office docs )
    3) hard reset
    4) installed 1.23
    5) installed 1.28
    6) reinstalled all other software

My treo's running sweet now.

If and when Cingular approves the update, they'll want to package ExpressMail and other needless Cingular software with it. You're better off this way.
    Cingular 680
    sprint update increased compatibility with BT... does the GSM unlocked 1.28 do this?
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    well.. I am temping to switch to ROw rom. I know i will miss the cingular man logo.. but I am really sick of endless loop...etc. I am using 1.13/1.28 now.. No problem at all..
  12. e40
    Interestingly, the PalmOne site no longer lists the last Cingular update. Strange that they'd remove the old one and not put up the new one. However, it might mean the new one is coming out soon.
    Sure does.

http://www.palmone.com/us/support/do...reo650cingular

has their VoiceMail updater, which was the last firmware update for Cingular phones.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
  14. e40
    But this doesn't (and it used to):

http://kb.palmone.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=PalmSupportKB,ts=Palm_External2001,case=obj(10714)#treo
    Quote Originally Posted by jwein84
    No the unlocked version update sucks on cingular phones. I updated mine and have many problems. Resets a LOT more now, stupid tones on the numbers are so long (like when typing in voicemail password), and sometimes the phones just freezes and you cannot turn it on or off. I HATE this update.
    I agree - I have had lots of problems - especially with the treo freezing up mostly when it comes in or out of service.

Anyone have anything they can suggest to help?
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder

I did a clean wipe and haven't put any third party apps on except for goodlink. I have all sorts of problems with it freezing up. Do you think it could be related to the sync network time? I read a thread tha this causes other issues and I notice it always freezes when I'm coming back into service area.
    Quote Originally Posted by BTman
    sprint update increased compatibility with BT... does the GSM unlocked 1.28 do this?
    no it doesn't....palm can't explain why either!!
    I have sync network time turned on for my GSM phone and it does not cause me any problems. You should not be having stability problems with 1.28 SW. I do not use Goodlink. Could it be the cause of ur problems?

Maybe you need to resinstall the upgrade. Is your backup filder empty before the 1st hotsync?
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    to do it the hardway as someone said, do you need an app like "firmware upgrade" program or the "card exporter" program and the sd card?
    The question is not how... it's "why?"

Reading through the 650 hardware section... with all the issues being reported and seeing no real benefit of any kind at all... I still see absolutely no compelling reason to go through yet another mindless and evidently, risky upgrade.