Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1.    #1  
    Hi, all. I'm new here. Is there a definitive site for fixes, patches, upgrades for the 650? Thanks.
  2. #2  
    You're already there

    If you can't find what you're looking for here, take back the Treo, and get a Sidekick.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  3. #3  
    Goaltender,

    This is Kevin from palmOne. You can also go to palmOne's Support page for your Treo here. Pick your particular model from the drop-down box - updates listed on the first page.

    Sincerely
    Kevin
    - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Kevin Michaels
    kevin.michaels@palm.com
    - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Check out what’s new at
    http://www.palm.com/
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Michaels
    Goaltender,

    This is Kevin from palmOne. You can also go to palmOne's Support page for your Treo here. Pick your particular model from the drop-down box - updates listed on the first page.

    Sincerely
    Kevin
    Kevin,
    When I go to that site, it says that the out-of-the-box Palm OS version for a Verizon Treo 650 is 5.4.5.

    I just checked my one week old out-of-the-box Verizon Treo 650... it says 5.4.7.

    Perhaps the website is wrong? Or are there actually some 650's out there running 5.4.5, that could be upgraded to 5.4.7?
  5. #5  
    After asking around, the best info I have is that the out-of-box version is 5.4.5. Best guess is that some versions of the newest ROM are being released in retail - otherwise, it will be released as an update. Unfortunately, I'm not privy to details, so that's all I know.

    Sincerely
    Kevin
    - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Kevin Michaels
    kevin.michaels@palm.com
    - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Check out what’s new at
    http://www.palm.com/
  6. #6  
    Sorry for such a dumb question, but where do you find the version. I looked at "about application" from the drop down menu while on the home screen, and it says Version 5.2. I just got this phone last week from Verizon directly.
  7. #7  
    Phone screen

    Menu\Option\Phone Info
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  8. #8  
    From the phone screen. Options, Phone Info
  9. #9  
    Hi, I just check my version (phone screen>menu>options>phone info) and I can't find a version # that makes sense. My info screen give the usual information like phone number, Verizon username, ESN, but it says the software is: Treo650-1.0.1-VZW. The rest is:

    Hardware: A
    HS SN: PTVC0695H3XP
    PRL Rev: 50295
    PRI Checksum: 0xB797

    How do I know what version I have? And yes, I am a newbie.
  10. #10  
    Go to Home then hit Menu. Scroll down and click Info and and then click Version.
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by aznmode
    Go to Home then hit Menu. Scroll down and click Info and and then click Version.
    There you go, that worked. Mine says Version 5.4.7

    Quote Originally Posted by TVProgrammer
    Hi, I just check my version (phone screen>menu>options>phone info) and I can't find a version # that makes sense. My info screen give the usual information like phone number, Verizon username, ESN, but it says the software is: Treo650-1.0.1-VZW. The rest is:
    Same here.

Posting Permissions