1.    #1  
    I still haven't found the right combo for listening to music and using the phone. I'm considering two options:

1. p1's hybrid headset/headphone combo for the T650. Any feedback on this? In particularl: how's the call handling and the sound quality? The simplicity appeals to me.

2. Using Seidio's 2-in-1 adaptor (with microphone) and then getting a pair of Shure's or other high-quality earbuds. Can anyone speak to their experience with the Seidio? It appears like it would be bulky and heavy.
    I'm interested in the same thing and have done a ton of searches and obtained only limited information. The P1 combo has been criticized as having huge earbuds and continually losing contact or popping out. The Seidio has been criticized for too much bulk. Others have criticized their quality and customer service. I've used the Seidio retractable synching cable for about 3 weeks with no trouble at all. I'm about to order the Seidio combo earbuds with retractble cable figuring how bulky can the thing be? (it reportedly has a clip on the back of the bulky controller part which should alleviate serious weight issues).

I don't think there are any other hybrid options.

I thought about that adapter thing you describe, but don't think you will have phone access through it. Am I correct?
    The Seidio 2-in-1 adapter is big but coupled with Shure E3C earphones provides the best combo I've experienced. I started with the Seidio 2-in-1 over the ear set but was very disappointed with the audio quality.

And you do have phone access with the Seidio adapter.
    Last edited by treo2die4; 06/28/2005 at 06:27 PM.
    I have had some trouble with my retractable Sedio. Stopped working after about a month, called Sedio and they wouldn't have anything to do with me. So I took it apart and found that the wiring is not anchored in the casing....so if either side ever gets a solid tug on it you can kiss your Sedio goodbye. I ended up soldering mine back together and epoxy'd the wiring to prevent future breakage.

As far as bulk, I found the Sedio to be big but comfortable. It does have a clip on the controller (also where mic is located), and it can be clipped relatively far away from you (ie. clipped on shirt pocket and still no need to yell for people to hear you.) I was and am very happy with my Sedio as long as the wiring stays put.

Just my 2 cents.
    Quote Originally Posted by treo2die4
    Thje Seidio 2-in-1 adapter is big but coupled with Shure E3C earphones provides the best combo I've experienced. I started with the Seidio 2-in-1 over the ear set but was very disappointed with the audio quality.

And you do have phone access with the Seidio adapter.
    Seidio just released a high end 2 in1 headset for Treo 650. It does everything a regular 2 in1 headset can do, but with excellent sound quality. You can talk on the phone and listen to MP3 with excellent sound quality with the very same headset.

http://www.seidioonline.com/ProductD...2SOVTR650%2DSL

Seidio
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio
    Seidio just released a high end 2 in1 headset for Treo 650. It does everything a regular 2 in1 headset can do, but with excellent sound quality. You can talk on the phone and listen to MP3 with excellent sound quality with the very same headset.

Seidio
    Does anyone have experience with these yet?
    Another advantage of using the Seidio 2-in-1 is the ability to record phone conversations w/o using speakerphone mode! That is a big plus too imo!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio

Seidio
    Anybody have tried this would like to comment?

Thanks
    Bubu
    so I use my Treo as my ONE music player and as my ONE phone - therefore this issue of the BEST combo phone/music headset is critical to me. I originally started with the Seidio units back in the day with my 600 (in fact, I started using their first non-adapter-needed stereo [non-phone] unit). I really like not having to use an adapter of any kind, and having one headset to use - music, PTunes, all that. Lovely. I didn't <really> dig the bulk of the retractor or the funky mic pod thing. But - on the other hand I did like that the cord would retract, so nothing is perfect.
    So when I got my 650, I checked out the Hybrid headset, and I have to say that I really like that unit just a little better than the Seidio. Yes I've given up the retractor, which is just the way it goes, and I do end up with a little bit of cable mgmt hassle. The sound of both (note that I don't have one of Seidio's new 'high-end' units) sounds pretty much the same.
    I think that I just really like the simplicity of the pOne hybrid unit - the mic/answer pod is always sitting right by the mouth/face, and it works GREAT with PockeTunes and phone calls.
    I don't think there's any one unit that works best for every user out there, so play with both if you can & make your one decisions.
    Good luck!!
    I have both the Seidio 2 in 1 headset and the Seidio 2 in 1 adapter into which I plug Sony MDR-EX71SL ear buds. I found the Seidio ear phones a bit tinny and without much bass response. In addition to better sound the Sony ear buds provide a good amount of isolation (reduces ambient noise). I chose the Seidio 2 in 1 adapter rather than a simple 2.5 to 3.5 jack so I could continue to used the phone hands free but equally importantly to have the volume control. I fine the Treo volume control to blunt and combersome for my needs. I don't find the cord reel too bulky but is is noticable walking around.
    Mike
    Learn something new everyday.
    I've ordered up the new Seidio 2 and 1 earbud retractable headset and will chime in with my comments when it arrives. I think its pretty new - as in release just last week. I think its only available directly through Seidio right now.
    I had the Seido 2 in 1 retractable adapter with a shure 2c. The volume controller, which I rarely used, gave me static in 2 weeks, and the adapter broke within 3 months. To me that is not very good quality. The retractable cord is very thin and can be damaged easily. I actually end up buying a cheap 2 in 1 handsfree and cut out the earbuds and weld my own Shure 2c. That was my perfect combination. I just bought a shure 4c and will do the welding job this weekend.
    Received my 2in1 "high end" last Friday. The left earbud didn't work at first. When I got it to work, the sound popped in and out. Called Seidio this morning. They asked me to email their RMA department to get a replacement. I will keep you posted as to whether their customer service is as bad as has been described. As for quality, hey - the right one sounded pretty good, lol.

This is the autoreply from the rma department:

We have received your e-mail. Please understand that due to the high
    volume of e-mails received daily, you should expect a response within 2
    to 3 business days. Our office hours are between 9:00am to 5:00pm,
    Monday through Friday, Central Time.

...it doesn't look promising. Odd process given that I actually spoke to someone who couldn't just handle my issue on the phone. Two to three days to respond to email? Seems excessive to me. Particularly on an exchange.
    Last edited by The Pope; 07/05/2005 at 07:59 PM.
    Many Shuvs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Slor that day, I can tell you!
    I have been using the PalmOne hybrid and I think it sounds pretty good, and it's dirt cheap on the bay. My only complaint is having to untangle them when I want to use them! I should get one of those wrapper things (like a flat cable reel) that people sell for ipod earbuds.

Tom
    Following up on my earlier report of receiving defective headsets, a Seidio person monitoring this board has communicated with me and advises that a new set is being sent out to me today. They are not hassling me to return the defective pair. So far so good.

I really did mean my earlier comment that the right one sounded pretty good, so I am optimistic that this will work for me.
    Many Shuvs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Slor that day, I can tell you!
    I've been using the 2-1 retractable headset for a few months. I had to replace the first one because the audio became too low and I'm about to have to replace it again for the same reason.
    I've also discovered that the clip on the microphone can fall off if you're not careful so I've learned to inspect the mic every time I take it off my shirt to make sure it's still in place. It's come off several times but I've been lucky enough to find it each time.
    I'm disappointed that there aren't more choices in this category and also disappointed at the quality of Seidio's headsets. They don't have to be perfect at this price but they do have to be reliable. From what I've gathered on this forum the volume problem is fairly common.
    Received my replacement set of high end 2/1 headphones from Seidio and they work fine (I note that they appear to have been better packaged and are a different shape/color (black v. gray) than my first set which clearly had problems. They also came with foam covers which weren't included with my first set.).

I'm no audiophile, but these should work for me for both playing music and taking calls. I tested the call function and was able to hear the other person through both headphones. Now let's see how long they last.