Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Twice it has happened to me that SnapperMail no longer recognizes the many email messages I have moved to SD card.

They are still on the SD card, but Snappermail doesn't recognize them and list them in their folders. Any idea what is causing this and how to fix it?
    This has been a lengthy discussion and as far as I know, no one has come up with a solution. I generally happens to me after I install a custom ROM. Luckily, I keep my mail on desktop and use Snapper while I'm away.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnH59
    This has been a lengthy discussion and as far as I know, no one has come up with a solution. I generally happens to me after I install a custom ROM. Luckily, I keep my mail on desktop and use Snapper while I'm away.
    Where was this discussed? Like I said I tried searching the boards and couldn't find anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Atif
    Where was this discussed? Like I said I tried searching the boards and couldn't find anything.

You're better off searching in the SnapperMail forum (at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SnapperMail/). I've had this problem many times, as well. It's a huge pain and has not been fixed.
    I had exactly this same problem. All my SnapperMail archived emails on the SD card some how got lost and/or deleted for no apparent reason. This happened a couple months ago. I never did get this problem resolved. The SnapperMail Yahoo forum has covered this topic as well.

Nowadays, I don't use the SD archival feature anymore, as I don't want to get burned a second time. My current method for archiving/saving emails is to forward and/or do a B.C.C. of all important emails to my free 2GB GMail account. I only use my Google Gmail account for storage only, and I have Gmail bookmarked as a favorite on my Treo page if I need to recall any messages.

If I were you, I'd be wary of trusting SnapperMail's SD card archiving function.
    Twice it has happened to me that SnapperMail no longer recognizes the many email messages I have moved to SD card.

They are still on the SD card, but Snappermail doesn't recognize them and list them in their folders. Any idea what is causing this and how to fix it?
    Have you tried rescanning the card? Go to Options/Preferences - Storage, change the second dropdown to "Migrate Memory Card" and tap Rescan.
    <p>I tried to rescan. it did not work.</p>
    Sprint 600 - 650 - 755 - Mogul - 700Wx - Centro - 800W & iPhone
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Gamble
    Have you tried rescanning the card? Go to Options/Preferences - Storage, change the second dropdown to "Migrate Memory Card" and tap Rescan.
    yeah tried the rescan and it didn't work...even tried copying

palm/programs/snapper to a new SD card and rescaning that, as if I WERE migrating the emails.

Alas no luck. What is frustrating is that the emails appear to BE on the SD card, it isn't like they got erased...snapper just can't see them anymore.

9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by curtiscarmack
    You're better off searching in the SnapperMail forum (at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SnapperMail/). I've had this problem many times, as well. It's a huge pain and has not been fixed.
    Thanks...I tried searching the messages in this yahoo group but couldn't quite find it... Do you remember the title of the thread?
    Thanks...I tried searching the messages in this yahoo group but couldn't quite find it... Do you remember the title of the thread?
    I can't remember for sure, but I think the word "gone" was in the title. I'll try to find it and post a url for you.
    Well, at least you can Still RECIEVE messages in Snapper.
    Sheit, it has stopped all together. Yes, I checked the password and username; it just doesn't pull 'em down anymore.

Oh dear...
    Quote Originally Posted by jackbauer-ctu24
    Well, at least you can Still RECIEVE messages in Snapper.
    Sheit, it has stopped all together. Yes, I checked the password and username; it just doesn't pull 'em down anymore.

Oh dear...
    What does your connection log say?
    I finally got the latest version of SnapperMail re-installed on my T650 (Sprint) after a four-month hiatus of sidetracks, roadblocks and all around headaches!
    As of now, all of my e-mails are in internal memory and am about to start to port them to my SanDisk 2GB Ultra IISD Card. Based on this thread--and to avoid future headaches like I have been--I have a few questions:

+What's the best way to port e-mails to card: Create new folders first, then move to card, or vice versa? (I'm a folder guy!)

+What happens if you have to (heaven forbid) hardset your Treo...what happens to the messages/attachments on the SD card? (Have to start over from scratch?)

+Thinking of the future: When the latest Treo comes out (whenever that is) I wonder what the upgrade process should be like...hope it's not too hairy.

+What's a goodway to back-up e-mails on a SD card? Is there a software program/utility that is available/recommended? (Of course, for the T650 Ram, there is back-up buddy and the MDM secure digital back-up card.)

+Anything else I missed?

###
    Kev - You might look at Chatter at some point; SD card storage is implemented in the Beta for IMAP, and POP3 will follow shortly. Messages are stored directly on the card; there's no archive/backup procedure necessary to migrate messages.

Marc
    Chatter,

Just looked at the Chattermail Website. Must say I'm impresed. Just subscribed to the Chatter e-mail newsletter (via my Yahoo e-mail account). If I read the features correctly, Chatter having HTML support on e-mails (Web-page like e-mails?) is the winner/deal-sealer for me!

Having subscribed to the SnapperMail e-mail discussion lists and reading the recent postings there makes me wonder why I'm still with Snapper. (Paying the $50 for Snapper back in early 2005 may have something to do with it.) For now, I'll leave my Snapper e-mails in my T650's RAM and wait until I hear from Snapper on major upgrade and/or wait until Chatter finally gets POP SD card storage support. I hate procrastinating, but in this case I'll have to make an exception.

There are lots of archived e-mails from 2004/early 2005 on my Snapper account that I'd like to keep that I will probably loose if I switch to Chatter.

*Thought: Have both Snapper and Chatter on T650 until I phase out Snapper?
    KevMeister - POP SD storage is coming today or tomorrow.

Marc
    Anybody try Chatter v1.0.7b44 yet? It now has "added preliminary SD card support for POP3 mailboxes." I got the following in my e-mail box.

+++

ChatterEmail BETA Release Notes
    --
    v1.0.7b44

* Fixed a problem in which some HTML messages might appear blank or
    greatly truncated.
    * Added preliminary SD card support for POP3 mailboxes
    * Added additional support for MMS compatibility
    * Reset now required after upgrade (it's automatic); I think this will
    prevent some issues; sorry.

Website download page:
    http://www.chatteremail.com/index.ph...ry&filecatid=2

Mobile download:
    http://www.chatteremail.com/Downloads/CEUpdate.zip

Mobile Package installer download:
    http://update.chatteremail.com
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by Chatter
    Kev - You might look at Chatter at some point; SD card storage is implemented in the Beta for IMAP, and POP3 will follow shortly. Messages are stored directly on the card; there's no archive/backup procedure necessary to migrate messages.

Marc
    Please post here to let us know when this is out of Beta and is well tested and working well, I might consider switching as I'm really fed up with Snappermail losing track of messages saved on SD card!

With Chatter saving directly to SD card, even if the program crashes, and has to be removed and reinstalled, can it "see" the messages saved to the card? How will it know which messages to associate with which account? etc etc...
    Chatter's SD card system is designed so that the RAM portion of the message database can be reconstructed from what's on the SD card (and vice versa, for IMAP messages).

Marc
    Global Posts
    577 Global Posts
    Marc,

I've got to tell ya the SD Card implimentation used in Chatter has worked VERY well for me. I find myself leaving weeks of email on my Treo instead of days (memory is a rare comodity on the T650).

Since this addition to the Chatter (beta) feature-set, I've been more productive on the road and my Treo has become a HUGE business essential.

Thanks for all your hard work Marc!
    Last edited by spiVeyx; 08/30/2005 at 12:11 PM.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast