1.    #1  
    It is a used one. The shop wouldn't give it any guarantees. for 300$ i could get a new 600.

But price is not the main reason i am posting.

I want to know if there are enough serious problems with the 600 to make it a no go. Or perhaps there are some really great competitors out there right now... what should i be considering as a next best bet if i don't choose a 600?

Hope to hear from you
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    I would never buy a 600 w/o a warranty. Besides, you can get a new 650 w/a warranty and a phone contract for about that.
    I went through 3 600's to get a good one.
    Quote Originally Posted by chillg8r
    I would never buy a 600 w/o a warranty. Besides, you can get a new 650 w/a warranty and a phone contract for about that.
    I went through 3 600's to get a good one.
    Agreed. If you buy the 600 w/o a warranty, it the battery could go bad and then you would have the network search issue until you replaced it yourself.

Like you said, you can get the 650 for just a little more. Much better bargain.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

You guys aren't speaking for the majority. Where can you find a Treo 650 for $300 bux without signing a 2 year contract?
    You never lived until you almost died!
  5. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    You can get a 650 for $179. That is one reason not to get a 600 for $200 w/o warranty
    Where can you buy that 650 for $179? I am still using my T600 w/0 problems though
    Math 6:33 But seek first His righteousness,and all these things will be given to you as well.
    I have a Treo 600 and I have been looking around at the recent price drops in the 600 and was starting to think that my once valuable Treo was losing value very quickly. But after closer investigation, what I have found is that any of the really great deals on a 600 still come with a lot of stings attached. $200 dollars is still a great deal if you don't have mess around with mail in rebates and a long term phone contract with a high rate data plan. With the next generation Treo rumored for release at the very latest next spring (more than likely this fall), there is no sense buying a 650 which in reality you would not notice the diffence 95% of the time. Pound for pound the Treo 600 is more "bang for your buck" than the 650, especially without the long term contract.
  8. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kpilgreen
    Where can you buy that 650 for $179? I am still using my T600 w/0 problems though
    www.tigerdirect.com There are drawbacks though.

1)http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ghlight=%24179
    2)www.buy.com Read the fine print though
    I knew it hand to be some strings attached. I have yet to see a Treo 650 sold less than 500 bux WITHOUT contract extensions or any other stipulations. UNLESS its a private sell or Nigerian or Tai scam artist.
    You never lived until you almost died!