1. sj3
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    I'm new to the 650, coming from a Kyo 7135, on Verizon Wireless. I've been having fun with Bluetooth on a Moto HS850. A few people, all on my favorites list, with hotkeys assigned, have let me know they have received calls from my phone, sometimes leaving long voicemails. Palm Keyguard is enabled, 30 sec. after power off, and neither of the two checkboxes checked(disable touchscreen when 1) incoming calls received / 2) on a call). I researched the subject, and decided to give PocketProtector a try. It hasn't been great, only because it's a bear to turn the screen on, taking dozens of presses, sometimes, of the power button to bring it to life. I use the Verizon leather case with a snap closure.

So, the only functionality I really need right now is for the phone not to be calling people without my permission.

My phone is also making a blapping sort of sound when it's on my belt, in its case. Sometimes once or twice, occasionally continuous for 5 seconds or so. The screen/keyboard don't light up and there are no missed calls or alerts waiting (hold down center button). This was before PocketProtector was installed, but I noticed it again yesterday. It's maybe two or three times a day this happens. I've been through Sound preferences but none of those sounds are the one I'm hearing. There is a "service tone" but you can't pick which sound to use; it's either on or off. I think I will try that off for a bit and see if this stops. Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated. I'm running TakePhone.

Thanks in advance,

sj
    I personally disabled my Keyguard, & set up a lock code on my VZW T650.

Once your phone is locked, you have to enter a code to unlock the phone so you can push any buttons, but incoming calls can still be answered if the phone remains locked.
    I'm not weird... I'm gifted!!!
  3. sj3
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    After playing with this (thanks!) it appears you have to manually lock the device whenever you put it back in its case. I.e., if the phone turns off after the timeout, no passwd is necessary to use it. Is this correct? I.e. I'd like it to automatically lock.

thanks,

sj
    Odd, I've not called anyone by accident with the keyguard on. I've even tried, and it just won't work.

Pamela
    i have keyguard set to lock when i hit the red/disconnect key.
    i never have unintended calls, and i carry the 650 in my pocket.
    iBug
    mac osx user new beetle pilot powerbook operator smartphone communicator

----------
    vzw.kyo6035 > vzw.kyo7135 > vzw.treo600 > sprint.treo650
    Quote Originally Posted by sj3
    After playing with this (thanks!) it appears you have to manually lock the device whenever you put it back in its case. I.e., if the phone turns off after the timeout, no passwd is necessary to use it. Is this correct? I.e. I'd like it to automatically lock.

thanks,

sj
    There should be like 4 different interval options, & 1 of them is user input interval...
    a program called TreoGuard could help you as well!!!