1.    #1  
    I have been a Mac OS X user who tried the GSM unlocked Treo 650. Apart from the volume issue (tried four and had to return all because of that problem), the synchronization with the Mac is quite crazy. Only one address can sync, and the work address on the computer is placed in the home address on the Treo.

I am moving to a Windows environment and will sync with Outlook 2003. I have a couple questions for Windows users. Could you please help?

1. When synchronizing the Treo 650 with Outlook, can multiple addresses sync (home, work etc)?

2. Are Outlook fields like "Birthday" synced?

3. Are Outlook categories for contacts, calendar items etc synced?

Thanks for the help.
    David
    Yes, yes, and yes.

Outlook syncs nearly perfectly with the treo. The only real problem I've noticed is the "an entry has been changed on both your handheld and on the computer. A duplicate record will be created" thing, which would be fine if it was true, but I'd say about 25% of the time only one has been changed and it creates a duplicate record anyway. Not a big deal, but not ideal operation.

All Outlook fields seem to synch, though. Multiple telephones, emails, events (Birthdays, Anniversary's, etc) as well as all calendar, tasks, etc...
    Quote Originally Posted by defii
    3. Are Outlook categories for contacts, calendar items etc synced?
    If you sync with Outlook directly. Synching via ActiveExchange (for calendar only) doesn't bring across categories.
    It's a shame the Contacts application on the Palm does not store a middle name though. In my opinion that's a huge oversight on Palm's part!
  5.    #5  
    My thanks to all of you.
    David
    you should give keysuite a try
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by lostOzone
    you should give keysuite a try
    What is KeySuite? And on another note, trying to sync a Treo on a Mac with Voice Dial installed makes the synchronization process hang. Is that the case with the Windows sync as well?

Actually, now that I'm moving to a Windows environment, I'm quite torn about which device suits me well. I have a bunch of Palm applications and I have a bunch of Windows Mobile applications. The keyboard on the Treo is ideal. The synchronization on the iMate JAM and other Windows devices seems virtually flawless. Of course, I keep remembering the Treos I returned because of the poor call volume.

Anyhow, just a bit of reflective bantering.
    David
    After syncing with Outlook, I have duplicate birthday events in my Outlook calendar. So each time I sync, each birthday is duplicated again. Each person's birthday was entered onto 650. My conduit settings during the sync is to synchronize the desktop and handheld.

Anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by geneld
    If you sync with Outlook directly. Synching via ActiveExchange (for calendar only) doesn't bring across categories.
    Actually, this is incorrect. I sync my Treo with Exchange 2003 SP2 Activesync and my categories do sync. The categories have to exist on the Palm prior to syncing.
    Current: iPhone 3G
    Retired from active duty: Treo 800w, Sprint Touch, Mogul, Apache, Cingular Treo 650, HP iPaq 4350, T|T, M505 - Nokia 3650 - SE R520m, T610, T637, Moto P280, etc, etc...
    Quote Originally Posted by phurth
    Actually, this is incorrect. I sync my Treo with Exchange 2003 SP2 Activesync and my categories do sync. The categories have to exist on the Palm prior to syncing.
    I tried Active Sync a couple of times and all I got was email and the calander, any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by 2fly4u
    After syncing with Outlook, I have duplicate birthday events in my Outlook calendar. So each time I sync, each birthday is duplicated again. Each person's birthday was entered onto 650. My conduit settings during the sync is to synchronize the desktop and handheld.

Anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks!
    Try using Outlook Duplicates Remover Version 5.0. You should be able to Google it and find it. It's free too!
    KFU, the restaurant that gives you the bird!
    I tried Active Sync a couple of times and all I got was email and the calander, any ideas?
    That's all Activesync on the Treo syncs.
    Current: iPhone 3G
    Retired from active duty: Treo 800w, Sprint Touch, Mogul, Apache, Cingular Treo 650, HP iPaq 4350, T|T, M505 - Nokia 3650 - SE R520m, T610, T637, Moto P280, etc, etc...
    Quote Originally Posted by phurth
    That's all Activesync on the Treo syncs.
    I guess that explains it .