Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    So I recently got a 650 (due to my complaint to sprint that after 5 600's, I needed a change) so now I'm all BlueTooth Happy - except that I can't get the T650 and my Dell laptop to stay paired. Every time I try to use DUN or I try to hotsync, I have to re-enter the pin to Re-Pair the two units. Anyone have any ideas? I'm using a D600 w/ the internal TrueMobile 300 BT adapter (I guess if you are using a similar configuration, that would be the most helpful) Also - I have been able to disable the Windows drivers, but not until after I've used them already. If they are interfereing, then if you've fixed that before, let me know. Thanks.
    I have a Dell D800 with internal 300 BT adapter. This started happening to me after installing the 1.12 firmware. Seems like something is hosed.

I tried using plain MS XP SP2 drivers and Dell drivers.. It worked fine before 1.12.
    You should be able to set them on eachothers trusted devices list, this will keep you from having to re-input the pins.
    "The danger from computers is not that they will eventually get as smart as men, but that we will agree to meet them halfway." -Bernard Avishai
    "Computers are a lot like air conditioners - they both work great until you open windows." -Anonymous

Yeah.. I know how it is supposed to work..it just doesn't anymore..

I think it has to do with switching Dial-up on.. When I do this on the phone.. The laptop sees the phone as a different device or different services available on the device..
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mogulman
    Yeah.. I know how it is supposed to work..it just doesn't anymore..

I think it has to do with switching Dial-up on.. When I do this on the phone.. The laptop sees the phone as a different device or different services available on the device..
    Great so it's not just me.. I thought I was an *****. Yeah - As soon as you go between DUN and just sync, that's where the problems seem to be, and you need to re-pair. Ok... Thanks for making me feel better
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekara
    You should be able to set them on eachothers trusted devices list, this will keep you from having to re-input the pins.

Well yeah, no kidding. That's how it's supposed to work, but it doesn't. I have the same problems others have...I pair the computer and phone. Initiate a DUN connection, and am asked to pair again.
    So does nobody have a solution for this?
    I don't have a solution - but I'm certainly having the same problem. And it's a real pain in the a**.
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Chunk
    So does nobody have a solution for this?
    Yeah - wait for 1.15
    Quote Originally Posted by cue79
    Yeah - wait for 1.15

It's definitely a problem with the Treo/firmware, as I've tried pairing with 3 computers now, and all them want to keep "re-pairing" to my phone.
    I am hoping that Palmone can fix this before my PdaNet trial expires. Not that the software is not worth the money, but I SHOULDN'T NEED IT!!
    "If you think a weakness can be turned into a strength, I hate to tell you this, but that's another weakness." - Jack Handey
    I had syncing problems with my usb bluetooth until I went to sortick.com downloaded the free trial of bluefiles now my hotsync work great and my dialup network is runninng at 921.6 kbps don't know if this is real speed but that's what show up on my connection page had to moditfy it and pair it again but now watch out I'm rolling like DSL baby wooooooooooo
    sorry softick not sortick
    same problems here.... using a presario x1000 and I have to enter my pin everytime... both devices are in eachothers trusted device list. Here's hoping there's a solution soon.
    I use Dell Precision M70 with bluetooth 350. I installed the newest bluetooth drive I got from dell.com and I updated my phone's firmware to 1.12(sprint). if I added my laptop as a trused device in my treo 650, I always have connection failed problem when I tried to add DUN in my laptop. after I deleted my laptop name in my phone, I can setup the DUN. but there is error during setuping. first, I have to input the pin at my phone, then there is a window pop out, let me input the pin in my laptop, but just 1 second, the window is gone, and have a error message said "connection failed", then pop up the pin window again, after I input the pin in my laptop, I have to input this pin again in my phone. finally I got the connection in my laptop. but it does not work. when I click this connection, it told me "no modem, or off, or not install" something like that.

after I removed the bluetooth drive in my laptop, I can setup the connection, but it keeps asking me the pin every time I want to conncet the phone from my laptop.

I called the dell customer support, they told me reinstall the XP windows. after I install windows XP proffesional + SP2, everything is same. and they replace the bluetooth module, replace the motherboard, everything is same. I spent hours and hours to try to make it work, but it did not work.

I used another USB bluetooth adapter, it works perfectly after I removed the Dell bluetooth driver, then install the drive came with that USB adapter. I checked my email, browse internet from my laptop using this USB bluetooth connecting to my Treo 650.

I do not know it is Dell's problem or Treo's problem. but It is a problem.
    before you try to log on the net go to your bluetooth devices then unsync your phone then resync it then connect to the network its a pain but it works..........
    Quote Originally Posted by NaptownBlack
    before you try to log on the net go to your bluetooth devices then unsync your phone then resync it then connect to the network its a pain but it works..........

What do you mean by "unsync" and "resync"? Re-do the Bluetooth pairings, or shut the phone on and off?
    yes unpair before you do anything then pair it right back up then go to connect dun this should solve your problem but you have to do this every time you log on on try to but once you've got it it work until you log out here are the steps I go through to get my dun to work but I had to download Bluefiles from Softick.com first. step1. unpair your phone from your laptop or pc. step2. pair it back up again. step 3. CONNECT to your dun network this should bring up your Dial pop up make sure you have #777 in the dial box an you should be set.
    and if you don't belive me I work 3rd shift and only reply from work to busy during the day but all my post are from me using dun and I love I get 28 dollars an hour to play with my laptop and treo 650 it's a wonderful thing but I'll check back around 4 pm central time today to see if yaw got it good luck it's worth the pain belive me I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ok sorry if that does not work go to your bluetooth dun connection properties and go to configure. then click the network tag you should have a network monitor driver if not click install but you have to be online first then you should have the box for it make sure its checked then do all the above steps again it took me 5 hours to figure all this crap out but hey I did it for yaw...........
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast