1.    #1  
    I have a Powerbook G4 + Treo 650. How do I use the phone as modem via bluetooth? I regularly use bluettoth for iSync, etc. I'd be most grateful for any suggestions.
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    hi
    pair the Mac with the Treo
    On the mac, go to system preferences, choose network. You can creatae a new location if you want to but this is not necessary.Under "show" choose "internal modem". Click on the Modem button, and on the drop down list choose "Sprint PCS Vision" (thanks to dutchtrumpet for this). The click the PPP tab and enter your ISP details. I use netaway as they offer dial up connections all over the world, and I travel a lot. Then click the "apply now"button and you should be ready to rumba.
    On your treo open the bluetooth app and turn BT on. Set discoverable to yes and dial up networking to on, but note that while this is on you cannot use web or mail from the Treo, only from your mac.
    You should now be able to click on the phone in your menu bar and connect.
    Tried it this pm and it works for me!
    Quote Originally Posted by RichardJ
    I have a Powerbook G4 + Treo 650. How do I use the phone as modem via bluetooth? I regularly use bluettoth for iSync, etc. I'd be most grateful for any suggestions.
    Richard, please search the discussions before posting. You would have found links to these instructions:

http://vocaro.com/trevor/treo-dun/