My apologies in advance if this is a bit lengthy...

When I got my treo, I kept my samsung a670 to use at times when I wouldnt want to 'risk' my treo... Saturday i had planned a couple activities where i didnt want to risk losing or breaking the treo (going out in the boat for example). So i logged into verizon's website and put in the esn to activate my a670. After doing that it tells you to wait 5-10 minutes before calling and activating so i took my phone w/ me to the kitchen to eat breakfast. As I was eating breakfast i picked up my phone and dialed the *228 activation and went through the programing process. When i was finished with breakfast i was walking back past the bedroom towards the bathroom and right as i got past the doorway i heard the familiar sound of the treo powering off. so i walked into the bedroom and sure enough there was my treo on the table showing the "verizon wireless" goodbye screen. I know I turned my treo off after i activated my a670 on verizon's website... but I remember thinking that i was expecting a call... so i might've turned it back on before i went to the kitchen. Either way.. Has anyone experienced their treo shutting down on its own? I can't be sure if it was off or on when i left the room but the bottom line is it shut itself down (or powered on then shut itself down) a good 10 or 15 minutes after I last touched it. I'm wondering ...if it was left on...is it smart enough to know it's not an activated phone anymore and shuts the radio off?

Also i've noticed various times when its just sitting there on the desk in front of me at work.. the screen will just turn on then go back off. service is marginal in my office... but i don't think losing service is supposed to make the screen turn on is it? and the only trusted bluetooth device i have added is the headset i have out in my car. The treo isnt set to be discoverable.. so i dont think bluetooth could be causing it to turn on...

Any ideas as to what could cause these two issues?