1.    #1  
    I seem to have lost the CD that came with my 650 (along with most of my other important CDs, office, XP, etc.etc.) PalmOne doesn't have the 650 software available for download, I tried to get it through the Developer Insider program but couldn't find it. Does anyone have the 650 GSM UNLOCKED CD that they can make an ISO for me?

(or tell me if using a Cingilar 650 CD will have any ill effects?)

Thanks much!

-Joe
    Joe, I have it. Have dial up Internet (slooooow) ... I'm in Central America.

I don't think you want to use a branded CD if you have a fully unlocked GMS, as mine. Others may know different.
    I am a sprint user but I have a friend who is a cingular user that wants to buy 650... for the sole use of the blue tooth upgrade... the problem is that cinguler does not have an upgrade... here is my question... can he buy an unlocked 650 and use it with is current sim card? and if so where can he purchase one?
    thanks in advance...
  4.    #4  
    Yes, I purchased my Treo 650 GSM directly from PalmONE, but it costs a pretty penny unless you got the roadshow discount (which isn't available anymore) ... I used it with TMobile until I got fed up with their recent outages in the Chicago market and switched to Cingular. Everything works fine after the switch.
    Global Posts
    195 Global Posts
    This is SOOO frustrating. I just went through this with my Sprint phone.

Can anyone please tell me WHY in this day and age, does a manufacturer REQUIRE you to have the original CD? Why on Earth can't they let me download this software?

Grrrrrrrrrr!
    Maybe I should make a copy of my Cingular CD, just in case.

btw, anyone know if it is copy protected? I wouldn't think so, but. . .
    Quote Originally Posted by viper0775
    I seem to have lost the CD that came with my 650 (along with most of my other important CDs, office, XP, etc.etc.) PalmOne doesn't have the 650 software available for download, I tried to get it through the Developer Insider program but couldn't find it. Does anyone have the 650 GSM UNLOCKED CD that they can make an ISO for me?

(or tell me if using a Cingilar 650 CD will have any ill effects?)

Thanks much!

-Joe
    I have a formerly Cingular phone that is now unlocked and have needed to reinstall the software periodically. No ill effects...