1.    #1  
    TrafficEdge with Thousands of Traffic Camera Images and Traffic Maps Displays Critical Traffic Information Real-time.

Save time and frustration on the road by being informed. With TrafficEdge you will always know the right way home. It gives you easy to understand traffic maps and traffic camera images so you can steer clear of the trouble spots.

TrafficEdge for Treo 600/ 650 requires IBM WebSphere Everyplace Micro Environment (WEME or J9) Java platform 5.7.1 which is available at http://www.palmone.com/us/support/jvm/

Java WEME is free for Treo 650.

http://www.edgeq.com/Resources/Image...almtreo_lg.gif

Please download fully functional 14 day TrafficEdge Trial Edition before you buy registration key from Handango.com. Click here to download TrafficEdge.

Features:
    - Access to the updated traffic maps & cameras worldwide
    - Server driven Service Oriented Architecture keeps maps updated so you will always have the latest traffic camera images. There is no monthly fee or subscription to use TrafficEdge.
    - Saves your scroll location so your most frequently used roads are always just a click away
    - Keypad shortcuts to resize images, reset view, and jump to different areas of images

Major locations available now:
    - London, UK
    - Chicago and surrounding areas
    - Greater Pittsburgh area
    - Seattle and Puget Sound area
    - New York City
    - Connecticut
    - New Jersey statewide
    - Cincinnati, OH
    - Portland and many areas in Oregon state
    - Twin Cities, MN
    - Atlanta, GA
    - Denver, CO
    - Toronto, Montreal and Vancouver (British Columbia)
    - San Francisco, Los Angeles and many locations in California
    Dallas and San Antonio
    Many more cities available worldwide.

We are constantly adding new cities and traffic maps. Please e-mail us at support@maqsoftware.com if you know any cameras or traffic maps online that we have missed. TrafficEdge is also available on Blackberry. Windows Mobile and PocketPC versions certified with Windows Mobile logo are also available.
    Last edited by maqsoftware; 06/27/2005 at 06:36 AM.
    Oh man I am so trying this when i get home!!!

Im glad to see that they're maps for Montreal, Quebec, Canada. Do you have maps for Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. Also is it possible to post the full list of cities available, or a link to where it is already listed?

thanks man!! this sounds really cool

this will really make a dent in the TomTom Plus system (well for the traffic aspect that is)
    There are cameras on the washington post website and the VA DOT website for the DC area, you need to get those included in the package and you'll have me as a new customer along with everyone I know who has a treo in the DC area.
    I am a little confused as to which of the prc files to install from the website listed at: http://www.palmone.com/us/support/jvm/

Their are a number of them there. Which are necessary to run this program after unzipped?
    Thanks.
    Pilottreo1
    How would I use this for NJ/NY info such as traffic approaching the Holland and Lincoln tunnels? I'd be particularly interested in NJ Turnpike exits 13 to 14/A/B/C, and also the Pulaski Skyway.

I'd also be interested in traffic on Rt 287, particularly between exits 1 and 13.
    Quote Originally Posted by onree
    How would I use this for NJ/NY info such as traffic approaching the Holland and Lincoln tunnels? I'd be particularly interested in NJ Turnpike exits 13 to 14/A/B/C, and also the Pulaski Skyway.

I'd also be interested in traffic on Rt 287, particularly between exits 1 and 13.

This would also apply to cities like DC, St. Louis, Kansas City, any city on a border.
    Quote Originally Posted by pilottreo1
    I am a little confused as to which of the prc files to install from the website listed at: http://www.palmone.com/us/support/jvm/

Their are a number of them there. Which are necessary to run this program after unzipped?
    Thanks.
    Pilottreo1
    Download the WEME571JVM file and install the J9JavaVMMidp20.prc located under WEME571JVM\JVM\ARM4T
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    its a very cool app, but alas not much for Canada...the webcam images for Montreal are tiny...but again its really cool
    Quote Originally Posted by wballz33
    There are cameras on the washington post website and the VA DOT website for the DC area, you need to get those included in the package and you'll have me as a new customer along with everyone I know who has a treo in the DC area.
    I agree. Adding those additional cameras would be awesome. Also, it would be nice if there was a "find" feature that would allow the list to search as you type rather than having to scroll down the entire list.
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Looks very interesting.... I've said for a long time that good traffic software was an obvious need and market. Unfortunately, the requirement for Websphere will be a killer for many. It may be "free", but it looks like it requires 3.5 megs of memory (presumably RAM, not on the card). That's just way too much given the very limited RAM of the 650. I realize many will have that much memory available, but for power users (such as many of those in the medical field that have large apps that need to be in RAM), it's an issue.
    again there is a slightly more expensive method...if/when you go GPS with TomTom, they have a plus service which will give you live updates on traffic and such (only valid of course for certain areas)
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    doesn't that traffic service with tomtom only work with certain gps units? Is that available for tomtom navigator 5 with the treo?
    This program is not working for me. I set up the Java WEME and installed the program. When I try and obtain the list of presently available cities, it just waits for a while then times out...?
    is there any way to get live feeds? I have links to honolul traffic cams but only images,refreshing every 70 sec. Would be cool if it would be live, ya know what I mean.