Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1.    #1  
    OK, first I'll apologize if this is covered in another forum or thread, I searched
    and found no matches. But I cannot be the only person suffering from this.

    For the last 5-6 months, it seems that my Treo randomly loses signal while
    either making or receiving calls (T-Mobile is the carrier). On the making calls
    side of this, the behavior that I see is as follows. I dial a call (either using
    the screen keypad or a number in the call log) the screen says dialing, and
    then the screen display changes to keypad. Sometimes, this takes 2 seconds,
    sometimes 7-10 seconds. Sometimes, if I put the phone up to my ear after dialing a call, I hear
    various sounds that lead me to believe that the phone is talking to the
    network, and then the sounds cease and when I pull the phone away from my
    ear, I am staring at the keypad display on the screen. Today, I must have
    tried 25 calls in fairly quick succession and I COULD NOT get a call out. When
    this happens, I have tried to turn off (and then on) the phone thinking that
    the radio needed some sort of reboot, but that doesn't help. When I have
    this issue, it also seems to affect GPRS access as well. I usually get the
    generic GPRS unavailable message when I am having the issue with the
    phone. FYI, the number that I'm calling seems to have no bearing on this,
    it can be another T-Mobile number, a landline number, even T-Mobile
    voicemail. I also thought this might be related to network saturation on
    T-Mobile's part, but I've been able to use my wife's phone (a Motorola
    cheapie) at the same time that mine is useless.

    On the receiving calls side of things, my phone will ring, the screen will
    change presenting me the choice to pick up or ignore the call, I'll hit pick
    up, the phone will sort of freeze for a second or two, and then give me the
    message that I missed the call. Today, my wife (also on T-Mobile) called
    me while standing 10 feet away, my Treo rang twice, I hit the pick up the
    call button and my Treo still "claimed" that I missed the call.

    Has anyone else seen this?? I am so frustrated with this that I am ready
    to stop using this unit, and I've used every GSM Treo handheld phone that was ever sold.


    Thanks
  2. #2  
    It is most likely that the battery is not providing enough charge or not charging. It seems to cause it to lose the network connection and it seems to progressively get worse.

    link

    Check out that link. Consider getting it replaced if you are within your warranty period or do the battery replacement yourself. (search the threads for that one).

    Good luck
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

  3. #3  
    Same experience here, but with VZW. I called and called. Went to a store with a tch and was finally told that it was a problem they did not understand. Phone replaced.
    cd
  4. #4  
    Yep, its the battery. I'm in the UK on the T-Mobile network (which I've used numerous times before with the same phone and had no problem) and started getting the frustrating No Service problem.

    I've noticed that this does not happen though if the battery is fully charged. Thats my temporary fix till I get back to the US.
  5. #5  
    Sounds like you are having the dreaded network seach problem. Many 600's were replaced for this reason. I cant speak for others, but my network problems occurred whether the battery was fully charged or not.
    ~ ScandaLous ~
  6. #6  
    Getting mine replaced now for same reason.
  7. #7  
    Yep, I'm having the same problem. I've had *this* Treo 600 for a few months as a replacement phone. I have the problem whether the battery is fully charged or not. Sometimes I have to soft reset the phone to complete a call even when I have four "bars>
    BAG's Treo-Hip-Lography**Treo 600>SideKick #6****Signup for UPOC-Handspring Treo 600
    <a title="Subscribe to BAG's TextAmerica Blog" href="aim:goim?screenname=blogchangebot&message=subscribe+http://www.bustagroov.textamerica.com"><img src="http://www.neuronwave.com/bcb/bcblogo.gif" border="0" vspace="2" hspace="2"/></a>
  8. #8  
    If you can recreate the network search problem then you may want to keep the phone in the same location and plug it into an AC outlet. If the phone works in the AC outlet without any problems then it is most likely the battery. Replacing the battery yourself voids your warranty, but if your phone is out of warranty anyway then I'd say go for it. Batteries.com has the Treo 600 batteries on sale for $20 and there is a 25% off coupon floating around right now. I just replaced the batteries in both of my Treo 600s
  9. #9  
    My treo started displaying exactly the same symtoms after about 2 years of trouble free usage. All the discussion threads that I read seemed to indicate I needed to replace the battery. Where I live, there is nothing that could have provided a replacement battery. So because I could think of nothing better to do, I took out the SIM card, inserted a thin piece of card board cut in the shape of the SIM Card in the tray under the SIM card, pushed the tray in (now the tray and the SIM card fit much more tightly) and lo and behold my problems went away. It is now 3 months since then and not one single instance of the problem! I don't know if my SIM card was not fitting in properly to begin with and now that it does,every thing works perfectly. Or whether the tighter fit means none or lesser loss of signal and therefore even if my battery has started loosing its strength, there is enough left still to make it work. All I would say is, it wouldn't hurt to try it out. You can always go and replce the battery if this does not help
    Satish Joshi
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by techinv
    OK, first I'll apologize if this is covered in another forum or thread, I searched
    and found no matches. But I cannot be the only person suffering from this.

    For the last 5-6 months, it seems that my Treo randomly loses signal while
    either making or receiving calls (T-Mobile is the carrier). On the making calls
    side of this, the behavior that I see is as follows. I dial a call (either using
    the screen keypad or a number in the call log) the screen says dialing, and
    then the screen display changes to keypad. Sometimes, this takes 2 seconds,
    sometimes 7-10 seconds. Sometimes, if I put the phone up to my ear after dialing a call, I hear
    various sounds that lead me to believe that the phone is talking to the
    network, and then the sounds cease and when I pull the phone away from my
    ear, I am staring at the keypad display on the screen. Today, I must have
    tried 25 calls in fairly quick succession and I COULD NOT get a call out. When
    this happens, I have tried to turn off (and then on) the phone thinking that
    the radio needed some sort of reboot, but that doesn't help. When I have
    this issue, it also seems to affect GPRS access as well. I usually get the
    generic GPRS unavailable message when I am having the issue with the
    phone. FYI, the number that I'm calling seems to have no bearing on this,
    it can be another T-Mobile number, a landline number, even T-Mobile
    voicemail. I also thought this might be related to network saturation on
    T-Mobile's part, but I've been able to use my wife's phone (a Motorola
    cheapie) at the same time that mine is useless.

    On the receiving calls side of things, my phone will ring, the screen will
    change presenting me the choice to pick up or ignore the call, I'll hit pick
    up, the phone will sort of freeze for a second or two, and then give me the
    message that I missed the call. Today, my wife (also on T-Mobile) called
    me while standing 10 feet away, my Treo rang twice, I hit the pick up the
    call button and my Treo still "claimed" that I missed the call.

    Has anyone else seen this?? I am so frustrated with this that I am ready
    to stop using this unit, and I've used every GSM Treo handheld phone that was ever sold.


    Thanks
    Did you ever find a solution? I'm having the same problem.
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by iblink
    Did you ever find a solution? I'm having the same problem.
    The problem is a known battery issue. The solution is take your phone back to your carrier. My phone was replaced NC for this issue and it was 18 months old. Good Luck!
    Well behaved women rarely make history
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    The problem is a known battery issue. The solution is take your phone back to your carrier. My phone was replaced NC for this issue and it was 18 months old. Good Luck!
    How can that be - 18 months is certainly out of warranty?
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by ttrundle
    How can that be - 18 months is certainly out of warranty?
    I assumed it was a known issue. I called CS on the phone, told them the entire signal loss, charging, not charging, dropped call story. They said to take it to a store and have a tech run a diagnostic on it and I went back in a few hours and they gave me a new phone, set everything up, made sure vision worked and said cya.

    Somehow, I think if you call and act like you are embarassed to bother them, and not call with an attitude and not be b!tching them out, they are more apt to take care of things. Just MO
    Well behaved women rarely make history
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    I assumed it was a known issue. I called CS on the phone, told them the entire signal loss, charging, not charging, dropped call story. They said to take it to a store and have a tech run a diagnostic on it and I went back in a few hours and they gave me a new phone, set everything up, made sure vision worked and said cya.

    Somehow, I think if you call and act like you are embarassed to bother them, and not call with an attitude and not be b!tching them out, they are more apt to take care of things. Just MO
    Of course being a cute grrl can help too in these situations.

    Did you get another 600, or a 650?
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  15. #15  
    Brand new in a box 600 with new warranty I proceded to break this phone in 2 months and ended up with a lockjaw referb
    Well behaved women rarely make history

Posting Permissions