1.    #1  
    If any Sprint PCS customers have had success dialing a Mac Powerbook to Bluethooth on the Treo 650 and connecting to Earthlink or any ISP would you please eMail me direct at elvisisdeadmpoche@yahoo.com (We know Elvis lives at the 7-11, right?)

Thanks.
    Any reason you're hitting Earthlink instead of Vision, which would be almost 5x as fast and not use your "minutes"?
  3.    #3  
    Can I dial up Vision through my Powerbook? I thought Sprint wouldn't let you do that?
    If you would eMail me how to do that, I would be most appreciative. Take out "Elvisisdead" Thanks.
    You can, there are many threads on this, search BT DUN or DUN.
  5.    #5  
    The search is USELESS 450 posts with NO description in the title. If you know how to do it what is the big deal with sharing? I have a 1.5 ghtz powerbook and Sprint PCS Treo 650. I have a trip coming up and would love to get it running.
    I guess you lack BINS (Basic Internet Navigation Skills). I searched "BT Dun howto" and immediately found:

http://discuss.treocentral.com/showt...t=bt+dun+howto

The 8th post, http://discuss.treocentral.com/showp...08&postcount=8 shows a screen image on BT DUN on a mac. Navigating to the front page of that image URL produces http://vocaro.com/trevor/treo-dun a step-by-step walk-thru on getting BT Dun working with a MAC on a Treo.

This entire mystic search process took me 3 minutes. The issue isn't sharing the secret info, it's having to share it over and over when there's already howto out there and folks are too lazy to search or require hand-holding.

Sorry to be so brunt, but statements like "If you know how to do it what is the big deal with sharing?" lead me to believe you think I'm obligated to provide the information that's readily accessible already to you and do all the leg-work for you.

I didn't use any fancy tools to find your solution and now this thread is added to the 450+ with "BT DUN" or "How can I get BT DUN" or "What is DUN"....
    Last edited by evilghost; 06/27/2005 at 08:45 PM.
    you should've just let him burn up his minutes.
    it's not a crack house, it's a crack home.
    Quote Originally Posted by kabuto
    you should've just let him burn up his minutes.
    Probably right, in the end I'll be lambasted or cursed at for not giving a foam-padded cuddly answer, despite the fact I not only saved used minutes and possible charges but also performed the search for him and delivered a URL to a step-by-step faq with his exact carrier and OS.
    Last edited by evilghost; 06/27/2005 at 09:10 PM.
  9.    #9  
    If you don't want to work with me on this maybe someone else will.

1. I think the latest firmware update from sprint eliminated the need for the dun hack, correct me it I am wrong.
    2. In bluetooth modem on the powerbook there is a script called Sprint PCS vision, I'm guessing that's the one I want. It is trying to connect, the 650 wakes up when I click on connect, it tries for a while then gives me a modem error.
    3. I am about 80% there, I need someone to help trouble shoot the last 20%
    Quote Originally Posted by The Wolf
    If you don't want to work with me on this maybe someone else will.
    dude, was the information on this site (http://vocaro.com/trevor/treo-dun/)
    not clear? it's not that people don't want to help, it's just that the info is already there.

1. I think the latest firmware update from sprint eliminated the need for the dun hack, correct me it I am wrong.
    that is correct

2. In bluetooth modem on the powerbook there is a script called Sprint PCS vision, I'm guessing that's the one I want. It is trying to connect, the 650 wakes up when I click on connect, it tries for a while then gives me a modem error.
    that is correct, you use the sprinct pcs vision modem script.

3. I am about 80% there, I need someone to help trouble shoot the last 20%

have you set your pcs vision username and password in the network preferences as well as #777 for the phone number?
    also, when you paired your treo with the powerbook, did the powerbook give you the option of using dun?
    Hi Guys,

Thanks for the link to the vocaro.com website. Quick question please: Do these instructions work pretty much the same for a PC computer too? I use a PC, not a Mac.

Thanks! -CC
  13.    #13  
    This is TOO Cool. I don't need no stickin' Boingo at the Airport. Better pick up an extra battery for the 650! This is reasonably fast....Thanks!
    Make sure you have the $15 Unlimited Vision or you will end up with a hefty phone bill for any per-megabyte overages you are charged. Unlimited Vision will enable unlimited data without the need to not exceed a defined quota.
  15.    #15  
    I do Thanks!