1.    #1  
    Hi,
    I'm italian and I've an italian GSM carrier sim card in my Treo. I'll be in the U.S. in August and I wonder what's the best (cheapest) option to get my 650 connected to the Internet from the NewYork state to California/Nevada/Utah. I thought to a prepaid sim with an U.S. carrier.
    Suggestions?
    Quote Originally Posted by riccio
    Hi,
    I'm italian and I've an italian GSM carrier sim card in my Treo. I'll be in the U.S. in August and I wonder what's the best (cheapest) option to get my 650 connected to the Internet from the NewYork state to California/Nevada/Utah. I thought to a prepaid sim with an U.S. carrier.
    Suggestions?
    T-Mobile and Cingular offer prepaid plans and data plans, check out their websites. You may also want to check out gprs roaming rates of your local (Italian) provider -- they can be a reasonable alternative (if not identical) to what you'd get with US carriers. Also, if this is a short trip and you're not going to use the phone (for voice) too often, roaming again can appear to be a reasonable alternative (to buying a US carrier's plan).
    Pilot Pro > 2Mb+IrDA upgrade > Clie T615C > Treo 650
    Global Posts
    413 Global Posts
    Just get a Cingular KIC prepaid card while you are here.
    Someone please correct me, but T-Mobile does not offer data on prepaid services.

They have the best voice deals, however.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikec
    Someone please correct me, but T-Mobile does not offer data on prepaid services.

They have the best voice deals, however.
    i think you are right.

in addition to my regular t-mo service i am also a pre-paid customer. you get very little data with it. u can "surf" their wap sites.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.