1.    #1  
    I've read through the battery drain thread and I don't have any problems - I think?!

FYI - I had my Sprint 650 fully charged when performing the 1.12 firmware update. I don't have chatter, BT off, no IR. I use Backupman and have performed backups and restored not on a fully battery (could that be the issue)

ISSUE - After using my treo one day down to about 90% (not typical). The next morning it was at 99%. Thought it was a fluke so I let it pass. The next day, however, I put my treo down at 1 am with a 92% charge. Yet again, woke up and found it at 99%.

Is the treo fairy plugging in my 650 at night? Do I have an advanced prototype battery not yet ready for the general public consumption? Probably not.

Any insight is appreciated.
    Maybe your battery meter reader is incorrect on it's reading.
    -->BtDUN pre- and post- SprintPCS update 1.12 paired to PC and PPC.
    Darth_Maul -- a dark attacker, trained in the Jedi arts.
  3.    #3  
    I was hoping that wasn't the answer, but have come to realize it must be so.

I was thinking of charging to 100% re firmware updating then draining to 0% then recharging again. If it's already reading 100% (and it may not actually be 100%), how long should I charge it to get a true 100% charge.
    Quote Originally Posted by jandrion
    If it's already reading 100% (and it may not actually be 100%), how long should I charge it to get a true 100% charge.
    Charge till the LED turns from red to green.
    -->BtDUN pre- and post- SprintPCS update 1.12 paired to PC and PPC.
    Darth_Maul -- a dark attacker, trained in the Jedi arts.
  5.    #5  
    To clarify, so there is no chance, if it is green, to be anything but 100% charged even with a faulty battery reading indicator?
    Quote Originally Posted by jandrion
    To clarify, so there is no chance, if it is green, to be anything but 100% charged even with a faulty battery reading indicator?
    Anythting is possible. Highly unlikely however.

-rob
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    On the Tungsten T3 the official tip to recalibrate was to do a in-cradle reset. Maybe that works on a Treo too? (for in-cradle read: on-cable, hehe).
    - Wouter
    Well for most lithium batteries to re-gear the meter you just need to run the battery dead. This is pretty common with laptops, it is always reccomended to drain a laptopts battery once a month to make sure that the internal battery meter stays correct.
    "The danger from computers is not that they will eventually get as smart as men, but that we will agree to meet them halfway." -Bernard Avishai
    "Computers are a lot like air conditioners - they both work great until you open windows." -Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by Tekara
    Well for most lithium batteries to re-gear the meter you just need to run the battery dead. This is pretty common with laptops, it is always reccomended to drain a laptopts battery once a month to make sure that the internal battery meter stays correct.
    Avoiding memory was the reason to drain the older NiCad batteries once per month. The new Lithium Ion batteries (like in the treo) should never be drained as this will severely shorten their life. The best thing to do is keep it topped of whenever possible. Or for long term storage keep it at 40% charge in a cool but not frozen area.
    Here's another thought. The battery meter increases when your phone restarts. Happens with any device. Dunno about you, but both my and my husband's Treo's reset at 3am to be exact. Happened with his 600 and now both of our 650's. Dunno why 3am, but it's like clockwork. Wakes me up sometimes too..

If your phone is resetting during the night, then it will surely readjust your battery meter. Try entering ##377# and see what information it gives you. Check to see if you're phone's resetting at night. I should probably take my own advice and do this myself.. but I keep forgetting by the time I wake up.

Hope that helps.
    AIM: irksome234 MSN: lannie[at]gmail.com
    I have the same experience. And I think I found out why. The reason is I put it on the cradle. Even I haven't plug in the power supply, the cradle still got some current from the USB thus slowly charging the Treo 650. The metre won't go up if u don't put it in the cradle.
  12.    #12  
    I don't use a cradle.

That ##377# trick is pretty cool. Unfortunately, i caused a fatal error reset this morning so I didn't see if it reset during the night. Any other cool # tricks?

Also, there was a mention to not run the battery down to zero, I was on my way to doing that, down to 58% from last night at 10:30pm, used it until 2 in the morning, talked for a about an hour, turned on bluetooth, discoverable, and ir, played some music. Should I forgo the drop to 0% and start recharging:0