Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I posted this elsewhere and people read but I wasn't getting any feedback. Probably because I didn't word my issue properly.

Please check to see if your Contacts is working correctly.

Select any contact from the contacts list, then scroll up or down with the 5 way to the next one.
    Is it scrolling to the next/prior contact properly or does the contact info of the one you selected remain?

Mine happens to be stuck on the same contact info even though I continue to scroll down or up. This was not an issue with 1.08 firmware.
    Last edited by jandrion; 06/25/2005 at 11:12 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jandrion
    I posted this at another site but wasn't getting any feedback.
    Did you happen to also post that question in the Multimedia forum?
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    And to answer your off-topic question...No. Not having any problems
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    I tried it, and yes I do have the same problem. Scrolls fine in main view mode, but when you view an individual contact, no scrolling.
  5.    #5  
    I did not post in multimedia. I thought this might fall into H/W because it is part of the 1.12 firmware upgrade and doesn't have to do with a third party S/W app.

thanks for the feedback bsgolob.
    Same problem here, scrolling is a no go on the individual screen.
    -->BtDUN pre- and post- SprintPCS update 1.12 paired to PC and PPC.
    Darth_Maul -- a dark attacker, trained in the Jedi arts.
  7.    #7  
    thanks pda jedi
    i went through a ****load of ROM/RAM software variations to determine if it was some third party app that was causing the issue.

FYI I guess a moderator moved the topic to multimedia. ***and now it's back to hardware forum.
    Last edited by jandrion; 06/26/2005 at 10:05 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jandrion
    thanks pda jedi
    i went through a ****load of ROM/RAM software variations to determine if it was some third party app that was causing the issue.

FYI I guess a moderator moved the topic here.
    I'm having the same problem. I recently installed Voice Dial, and I'm wondering if that could be the app that's causing the problem. Do you have Voice Mail installed?
    No problem on an unlocked GSM so it seems to be CDMA or maybe Sprint specific. Both systems seem to have their issues but since the upgrades it seems they are seldom the same. Could it be a PalmOne divide and conquer strategy?
    I have the same issue on one of my phones, I will check the other one later.
  11.    #11  
    I do not have the Voice Dial installed. FYI, I am using a custom rom but I do not believe that to be the culprit. For, I tried starting from scratch with no third party apps and a clean install of 1.12 firmware update and it still had the problem.

I am a Sprint user.
    Last edited by jandrion; 06/26/2005 at 10:06 AM.
    No problem here...unlocked GSM, no Voice Dial.
  13. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    I might upgrade my ROM just for this feature. I hate when I scroll down in a single contact view and then it jumps to another contact.
    I'm confused. When I select a contact, I actually go into it, and the scroll feature just goes up and down thru that contact. . . . I have to select done to get out of that contact and go to the contact list . . . .then scroll works to move up and down the contact list. . .
    Last edited by gtwo; 06/26/2005 at 10:59 AM.
  15.    #15  
    NRG are you kidding me?!?! Why even scroll then.
    Sprint here w/ Same issue, Won't scroll to the next contact when you're at an individual contact.

It'll just highlight the buttons on the bottom "Done" "Edit" & "New"

someone fix this....!
  17.    #17  
    Yes someone with a fix please do so. You'll notice though that when you hit done, the original contact selected is no longer highlighted but you've moved through the list as if it were scrolling.

Perry, that's my point, I believe it's bugged because in 1.08 when one would scroll while viewing an individiual contact's info, it would scroll to the next/prior contact. Not so in 1.12
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    I'm confused. When I select a contact, I actually go into it, and the scroll feature just goes up and down thru that contact. . . . I have to select done to get out of that contact and go to the contact list . . . .then scroll works to move up and down the contact list. . .
    This is how it worked on my T3 and how it was working before 1.12 ??
  19.    #19  
    Now i'm confused.

In 1.08, when viewing an individual contact then scrolling, it would display the next/prior contact's info on the screen.

I'm a 650 user and in versions 1.03 and 1.08 it would scroll to the next contact while viewing. In 1.12, the view remains on the contact selected rather than scrolling to the next. I prefer the way I was accustomed to, scrolling to the next contact.

Are they going back to the way the T3 had it? Not happy about that
    Last edited by jandrion; 06/26/2005 at 11:13 AM.
    I think it's working as designed and this isn't a bug. There has to be other third party apps out there that provide an alternative to this for those that see it as a bug.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast