Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mine also does not scroll up/down when in a contact to go to next contact. Actually, I prefer to have it this way. I tend to have notes written in various contacts, and it was annoying to read the last line of a contact's notes, and then to suddenly go to another different contact name. I much prefer the current method of not scrolling to the next contact, while in a contact. Although, as a previous poster mentioned, it would be much better to have a preference setting to suit your taste for scrolling.
    Quote Originally Posted by jandrion
    Khaytsus, What about SailRace's observation then?
    Well, perhaps I misunderstood, but here's what I did..

I went to a contact with multiple pages of information, pushed down, which shows the second page of information. Hit Edit, and it was editing the Contact I was inside of.

Still works as I'd expect it to.
    Not having that problem. GSM unlocked fw 1.28.
    - Wouter
    Quote Originally Posted by SailRace
    This is defnitely a problem with the new update, and if it weren't for the following, I wouldn't care that much. As has been posted, when you try to scroll through, it doesn't actually scroll. But if you accidentally hit down a couple of times (if you think the contact has more than one page) and then hit edit to edit the contact you're in, it does actually switch as if you had scrolled. So now, you're editing the wrong contact info. Very very annoying. If we can get this sorted out, it would be very helpful.

yeah, I have a big problem with this "feature", as well.

i accidently have edited more than one record by accident.
    i hope this issue is resolved quickly, but i doubt it will be for a month or two.
    iBug
    mac osx user new beetle pilot powerbook operator smartphone communicator

----------
    vzw.kyo6035 > vzw.kyo7135 > vzw.treo600 > sprint.treo650
  5.    #45  
    khatysus, Try this. Select a contact, scroll down five or six times, then start editing the information. Are you editing the contact you thought you were on or did it move to someone else; Is it still working properly?

Nispen, would you prefer the scroll to different contact or stay on that contact. Just curious?
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus
    Well, perhaps I misunderstood, but here's what I did..

I went to a contact with multiple pages of information, pushed down, which shows the second page of information. Hit Edit, and it was editing the Contact I was inside of.

Still works as I'd expect it to.
    I'm not getting that. When I scroll down while looking at individual contact and hit edit, I end up editing a different contact. Definitely a BUG!
  7.    #47  
    maybe khaytsus was editing the second page of that contact's info and wasn't scrolling down far enough to test the bug.
    Dunno, still no problem. I scrolled through several contacts and then hit edit and it edited the correct contact. I only have a few multiple-page contacts but I made sure to scroll past them.
  9.    #49  
    khaytsus- sprint or gsm?
  10. wzl
    same issue here.. sprint 1.12
    Generic GSM 1.28.
  12.    #52  
    that's wht no problem - khay. problem found on sprint
    I noticed the change in the scroll function...whatever. I do have to side with NRG, it is better than jumping to another contact while trying to scroll down in a contact. But on to other bugs in the firmware. I just installed Firmware 1.12 and it molested me. Anyone get this when they updated the firmware?
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Atif
    I second that. I think this is a FIX in the firmware. It was REALLY annoying to be scrolling down in a contact and then all of a sudden jump to the next one, or to be scrolling up and jump to the previous one. I MUCH prefer this way.
    I agree, I like the new way much better. It was very annoying to be viewing someone's contact information where the info spanned more than one screen, and then be scrolling down to see it, and suddenly jump to a different contact. I almost called the wrong number before because of that!
    Only problem is if you attempt to scroll to the next contact and then hit edit, it actually edits the next contact like previous posters said. This is a bug
    bit_bucket
  16.    #56  
    Goog,
    My firmware gets molested all the time
    Coudn't resist.
    ouch...I just realized this change after reading this post and I must say that I don't like it. I frequently need to access a certain group of address of contacts and find that scrolling in the individual contact view is the fastest way to do so. I can see how a developer would view it as a nuisance as NRG does, but for me I was already used to the previous version. Not that big of a deal, but a surprise nonetheless.
  18.    #58  
    I'm with JJ! For a minute there, I thought I was in the minority.
    Quote Originally Posted by bit_bucket
    Only problem is if you attempt to scroll to the next contact and then hit edit, it actually edits the next contact like previous posters said. This is a bug
    Oh wow just tried it and you are right, O.K. that is definitely a bug!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123