Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Very interesting. I too would be interested in such an app!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    count me in, very important to be customizable because I need to have ProfileCare and AvanatageRx remain in the cache or they get crapped. And then BackupMan and Chatter have difficulties getting along in the cache too.
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    Count me in as a beta tester.

I also have cache issues since I have Goodlink running which is a memory and cache hog. That other DBCache tool did not work for me.
    I am ready to beta test.
    I'd test also. DBCache gave me so many problems that it was easier to get rid of it than keep it.
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    Quote Originally Posted by modma
    Is it possible for someone to beta test this who has Goodlink installed on their device. I had Good and had to remove it because it was a memory hog and when it was installed I could only load Goodlink (after load, I had about 80k of NVFS cache free therefore not letting me do pretty much anything else). I'd be curious to see if Sharky's program helps with Goodlink. I can deal with Goodlink closed (not loaded) in order to access other programs and when I'm done to "reload" Goodlink.

Do you understand what I mean?

Thanks again!
    -M-
    Sharky - gladly be a beta tester for you. I'm Sprint/CDMA 1.08 (soon to upgrade) running GoodLink 4.0.36 with Causerie, ProfileCare, Butler, TreoGuard, and mSafe in the background. After boot and app start, I'm down to ~1.5MB free cache and 5.0MB free flash.

dbCacheTool didn't seem to help much and seemed to cause a few other problems for me, so I stopped using it. Current workaround is to auto-reset in the early morning (via a special ProfileCare profile) to clear the cache and then manually reset as necessary when cache drops to ~500K.

Yes, a pathologically bad situation, so any help a new cache mgmt tool could provide would be greatly appreciated. I suspect however, I'm sol as these apps probably have the cache reserved while running.
  7. amf
    Any news about this, sharky? I'd be willing to beta test too. I have an unlocked GSM Treo650. Thanks in advance.
    ill test for you.
    I am running goodlink on a 650 (cingular) and would love to beta test your app. I cant even get bejewled once goodlink is running.
    Any progress on this? I almost forgot about it.

Al
    Has anyone heard from sharkboy717 concerning this? There are tons of people who have spoke up but have you heard anything back?
    Global Posts
    413 Global Posts
    I saw a couple new apps from him over at 1src.com

Nothing to do with dbcache tho.
  13.    #33  
    sorry guys... i can have a public beta for you soon. incidentally my time has been eaten up by ANOTHER Treo-oriented app, hopefully will be making its debut soon.

cheers, sharky/tyler
    No problem, I appreciate the status update.
  15. amf
    Quote Originally Posted by sharkboy717
    sorry guys... i can have a public beta for you soon. incidentally my time has been eaten up by ANOTHER Treo-oriented app, hopefully will be making its debut soon.

cheers, sharky/tyler
    Thanks man!
    Count me in as a beta tester.
    Cingular Branded Treo 650
    Firmware: 1.51
    Software: 1.13

----
    JK
    I'm just so happy to see I'm not the only one with goodlink suffering! I will gladly beta.
    I also have goodlink cache issues; would be interested in testing.
    I'd love to help test also
  20.    #40  
    just wondering if this even needs to be done? now that RLock is available?

regards, sharky
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast