Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    done send and details.....no record
  2. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by skind
    done send and details.....no record
    Same here.
    the file Franko posted should give you these options, if syncing doesn't work try sending via BT, or emailing it to yourself.
    http://mywebpages.comcast.net/r1_rydah/newsound1.jpg
    http://mywebpages.comcast.net/r1_rydah/newsound2.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by R1_Rydah
    the file Franko posted should give you these options, if syncing doesn't work try sending via BT, or emailing it to yourself.
    http://mywebpages.comcast.net/r1_rydah/newsound1.jpg
    http://mywebpages.comcast.net/r1_rydah/newsound2.jpg
    Correct, and THANKS. Seeing these pics let me know i gave the wrong instructions SORRY
    Sounds > Tones > New (this is the button that the file gives you, it should appear between Done & Manage

Refer to above links for screen shots.
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    Quote Originally Posted by skind
    your own ringer? I know it can be done on other phones. I can't figure how to do it on the Treo 650

Regards,
    Steve
    skind@nyc.rr.com

<Threads Merged>

I figured I merge with the original thread snce many users may not have seen this patch before...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by DrWowe
    If you don't want to mess with custom ROMs, I created a replacement for the Sprint overlay that reenables the new button. Standard procedures apply for replacing system files (ile. don't use HotSync, instead use beam, bluetooth, web, email, or an SD card)
    Awesome, thanks! It worked perfectly
    Why are ringtones always such a big issue? Don't people realize that they're obnoxious!? And why the Nintendo 'Wii'? What th-!?
    Quote Originally Posted by KAOSWLF
    Dude.. he quoted a Sprint PCS public relations person... He gave you an article posted on this site which has a very good reputation... Just own up to it, he called your bluff. Nuff said...

What do you want, a notarized letter from the CEO of sprint? lol

Hahahaha...yeah. I hate people who can't admit when they're wrong
    Why are ringtones always such a big issue? Don't people realize that they're obnoxious!? And why the Nintendo 'Wii'? What th-!?
    I discovered the record ability on my friend's Treo and realized mine doesn't have that capability. After reading this entire thread I've attempted all three patches, and none of them work. I e-mailed the files to my phone, downloaded and saved the attachments by overwriting them, still nothing.

I'm going to try and create a hotsync. Is it possible the filez are old, and Sprint has updated them? I just got my phone last week and it's a Treo650-1.13a-SPNT.
    I have SW Ver13a also and while I downloaded and installed the prc file and the recorder shows and works, the voice tone does not work. Each time the built in ringtone previouly assigned plays. Is there something I am not doing?
    No and yes.
    Do you think you can be a little more verbose in your response? Thanks
    OK. Do you have a third-party ringtone app(such as Ringo)?
    I have demo that expires soon.
    Well, as far as I know, Ringo overrides the ringtones you select in your preferences, so maybe that's the problem. Maybe you just need to go in and change the ringtone in Ringo.
    Thanks
    You figured it out?
    Global Posts
    474 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Franko515 View Post
    This was taken away from spint in the 1.08 IIRC, but here is the file needed to get that ability back. just put it on your treo and when it ask to replace the existing file hit yes and your good to go.
    GREEN for you. thanks!!!
    Sprint Treo 755p (ex-650) user and loving it.
    1.04-SPNT
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456