Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    HELP !!!!! I know this is off topic, but if anyone can hook me up with a sim tray for a treo 600 I would be eternally gratefull. It won't work till I get one. I have been searching for days and this is my last idea. Please let me know as soon as you can.
    Quote Originally Posted by Geckotek
    If you are creating a custom ROM, you would NOT want to only delete that file, you would also need to replace it w/ the original version. Otherwise your entire Sound Panel will be gone.

Same goes for the other files I believe. All of the files are different files involved in the management of the sounds or ringers.
    Thanks, Gecko!

Can I get one more confirmation that this is the correct procedure?? I'd definitely feel more comfortable doing this with two people saying the same thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by sh9854
    Well, i extracted both the files from my phone using Filez....and these are in the *.prc format. I think if you apply these 2 files, then soft reset, it should bring back the record capability. I haven't tried it b/c I already fixed the issue with my phone....and the thought of flashing my phone back to the old ROM (for the 6th time in 2 days) just to try this, makes me nauseated.

Anyone wanna give it a whirl and see if it works? Now remember, the addition of these 2 files should allow you to see the "New" button in the "Manage Sound" screen under "Tones" in the prefs screen. The other button that used to be visible directly from the "Prefs--Sounds and Alerts" screen will still be hidden by the new overlay....

let me know if it works.
    Sorry to bring up old concerns but I just stumbled on the thread.... I downloaded all three .prcs and still cannot get the "new" button to show. Unfortunately I cannot Hotsync anything b/c my computer is out of order - is there anything else I can try? I'd really like to have this feature back.

Thanks!!!
    Sorry to bring up old concerns but I just stumbled on the thread.... I downloaded all three .prcs and still cannot get the "new" button to show. Unfortunately I cannot Hotsync anything b/c my computer is out of order - is there anything else I can try? I'd really like to have this feature back.

Thanks!!!
    I have the "New" button, created new custom voice ringtones, listened to them but after assigning them to my Favs it defaults back to the reg. assigned ring tone. Please advise. Thanks
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    when I try to download the file for the new button in the begining of this thread for th new button from my treo . I get a message saying my device doesn't support this type of file. can someone send me or post a file that I can download directly from my treo
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    1. I was very annoyed w/Sprint for pulling that EXTREMELY shady move in what was otherwise a great firmware update (NOT mourning the loss of the dialing delay), and very excited that it has been fixed, particularly now you can actually use the sounds for ringtones.

2. DrWowe, you rock!

PS put the file on my card, moved it over into internal with Filez, worked great first time.
    Quote Originally Posted by ssidellq

Thanks!!!

You shouldn't need all three files in the first place. You should either use DrWowe's prc or the two files from sh9854 in posts 14 and 30 respectively. I personally used sh9854's files b/c I couldn't get DrWowe's Sound_SPCS.prc to hotsync. I just copied the toneslib files from the card to ram and it worked perfectly for me...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    You shouldn't need all three files in the first place. You should either use DrWowe's prc or the two files from sh9854 in posts 14 and 30 respectively. I personally used sh9854's files b/c I couldn't get DrWowe's Sound_SPCS.prc to hotsync. I just copied the toneslib files from the card to ram and it worked perfectly for me...
    Soo...what does this mean for those of us trying to make a custom ROM?? Am I to just follow DrWowe's instructions of merely replacing the Sound_PCS file...and ignore sh9854's posts altogether...or is it the other way around??

Thanks in advance.
    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm
    Soo...what does this mean for those of us trying to make a custom ROM?? Am I to just follow DrWowe's instructions of merely replacing the Sound_PCS file...and ignore sh9854's posts altogether...or is it the other way around??

Thanks in advance.

Sorry, I couldn't tell you. However using DrWowe's prc would seem to make the most sense I guess...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  11. dtn
    Thanks DrWowe, that was making me crazy! Thank heaven for Google, which brought me back here!
    in my custom Rom, I took out the SoundsPNL file, and took out the 2 tonesLib files. I replaced the latter 2 with the ones i posted here already. It would seem you dont need the SoundsPNL file at all.....its only intent was to mask the ability to record your ringtone.

I've made over 5 roms using this, and got the same result each time.
    good luck :-)

stephen

"Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done, and why. Then do it." ---Lazarus Lang

"Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement." --Mark Twain
    your own ringer? I know it can be done on other phones. I can't figure how to do it on the Treo 650

Regards,
    Steve
    skind@nyc.rr.com
    Let me guess: you're with Sprint. As am I. Apparently, other carriers(not sure which ones) offer the ability to record your own ringers. Did you watch the Superbowl? Sprint's counting on making a LOT of money if YOU donwload ringtones...

I recommend Ringo for creating your own ringtones. That's just me though.
    This was taken away from spint in the 1.08 IIRC, but here is the file needed to get that ability back. just put it on your treo and when it ask to replace the existing file hit yes and your good to go.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    Hi Franko515,

I installed with quickinstall it but don't know how to use it.
    Please let me know when you have a chance skind@nyc.rr.com

Regards,
    Steve
    AFAIR, the 650 will play mp3 ringtones - simply record what you want; save it as an MP3, send it to your phone and it will appear as a ringtone.
    There is NO built in support on the Treo 650 to use mp3 files as ringtones. It requires additional 3rd party software. It WILL import/play midi,amr, and wav files.
    Bryan Nystrom
    Natara Software, Inc.
    so what does that file do?
    it gives you the ability to record your own ringtones via Treo (i.e. your wife or girlfriend sayin pick up the phone honey) in order to use this file you go into your sounds > manage > then record
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast