Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Nice try Sprint, you lose again.
    Quote Originally Posted by sharkdamark
    Nice try Sprint, you lose again.
    troll
    Quote Originally Posted by elder_shawn
    I emailed the 2 files U posted and emailed them to myself...opened the files from versamail and it said they installed but I still dont see the new button.
    I tried the same things everyone else in this thread with the same results. It didn't work.

Here's how I got it to work.
    I hotsync'd the Sound_SPCS.prc file using quick install. BAM goes the dynamite! There it was.

It wasn't supposed to hot sync, but it worked. Good Luck All.
    Last edited by TheLiveSoundGuy; 06/27/2005 at 01:52 PM.

Thread Crapper
    ~ August 16,2005 Poll-Master ~
    August 17, 2005 Century Club Member ~ August 29, 2005

I have a fondness for intelligence.
    I often black out when doing something really stupid. I supose that's why I'm such a danger to my self

I didn't know hotsyncing would work. Thanks for the discovery!
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Yes, I tried the other methods but none worked, but tried hotsync and it worked!!! HAHAHA Sprint!!! Nice try!!!!
    Global Posts
    353 Global Posts
    ok so what exactly did you guys do... Use the quickinstall and hotsynced and that was it? I'll try that when I get home...
    Just adding my experience with this. I tried emailing the "Sound_SPCS" file and then opening it. I too got a message that said I already had that file and I chose to overwright it. ( I have 1.12 ) When I checked, there was no change. So I then hotsynched the file to my SD card, and moved it into RAM with FileZ. Bingo, it worked.
    I emailed Sound_SPCS..
    Opened it in Chatter...
    Selected applications...
    It asked to overwrite...
    I said yes...
    It worked for me.

Odd... Just another inconsistency for the 650!
    Thank you sh9854 for the needed files anddddddddddd....

Quote Originally Posted by reverendrhino
    sh9854, copied the files to card, went to snappermail added to an attachment changed to PRC, cause it downloaded as a PHP file. I opened it (both files) and hello there is the "New" button. Tested it and works! Thanks, I Love This Forum........ Now Sprint can go suck *SS, tryin' to trick us!
    Thank you Rev for explaining how you did it. I decided to keep both files on my card in the event they mysteriously disappear and I have to replace them again.
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    Global Posts
    353 Global Posts
    ok I hotsynced it and it is working now... thanks!!!
    scandalex, yeah I did the same, in case Sprint tries another fast one...
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by 2000 Man
    Trust me, I'm right. You'll notice that I said that Sprint never included BT DUN in either the first or second firmware revisions.

The OP and the troll who my comment was directed towards also have Sprint and were complaining about being given BT DUN for free at the expense of ringer recording.
    Hey this is simple. If I take my car in for a warranty repair and when I get my car back, I find out I no longer have AC but I DO have power windows, are you saying I should just be happy I have power windows? Your logic is flawed.

Also, you are still wrong about BT DUN not being promised from Sprint all along. From the beginning Sprint has said their implementation of BT DUN was buggy and that's why they were not releasing it with the initial release of the 650 (maybe you're confusing WiFi functionality with BT DUN). They promised from the beginning that BT DUN would be included with a firmware upgrade in the future once it was stable. That is a fact.

And like I said before, I still prefer Sprint over the other carriers for various reasons (price for data being number 1), but if they pulled this stunt on a feature I use (I never used the "new" ringer tone feature), I would seriously consider switching carriers.
    Quote Originally Posted by treotim
    Also, you are still wrong about BT DUN not being promised from Sprint all along. From the beginning Sprint has said their implementation of BT DUN was buggy and that's why they were not releasing it with the initial release of the 650 (maybe you're confusing WiFi functionality with BT DUN). They promised from the beginning that BT DUN would be included with a firmware upgrade in the future once it was stable. That is a fact.
    BS. Please show me the official Sprint statement to back up your ridiculous claims.

As I said before, you're free to go back to 1.08 and stop your crying whenever you like.
    BS. Please show me the official Sprint statement to back up your ridiculous claims.

As I said before, you're free to go back to 1.08 and stop your crying whenever you like.
    So where is the BS coming from NOW?
    Sprint BT DUN OFFICIAL statement
    So where is the BS coming from NOW?
    Sprint BT DUN OFFICIAL statement
    Jeff Shafer, Sprint PCS Public Relations:

"While the functionality is not currently enabled (due to some timing issues around the launch), it will be enabled via a maintenance software release coming relatively soon (no specific timing is available as we have to test things to ensure the best possible experience)."

HAHA 2000 Man OWNED!
    Who am I, sir? A Utah man am I A Utah man, sir, and will be till I die!
    Still no official statement. Official means that it comes directly from Sprint. Uh oh.
    Still no official statement. Official means that it comes directly from Sprint. Uh oh.
    So "Sprint PCS Public Relations" isn't "directly from Sprint"? Clueless...

You are wasting my time - I'm done posting on this topic. Good luck to those of you trying to regain your ring tone creation capability.
    So "Sprint PCS Public Relations" isn't "directly from Sprint"? Clueless...

You are wasting my time - I'm done posting on this topic. Good luck to those of you trying to regain your ring tone creation capability.
    Still no link to anything official from Sprint. He said, she said doesn't count. Moronic.
    LoL it's so hard to be wrong in 2005....I miss the days when a man had the *$*# to say he was wrong. Just chill anyways it's not that important. BT works and that's the good thing!
    Who am I, sir? A Utah man am I A Utah man, sir, and will be till I die!
    Global Posts
    353 Global Posts
    Still no link to anything official from Sprint. He said, she said doesn't count. Moronic.
    Dude.. he quoted a Sprint PCS public relations person... He gave you an article posted on this site which has a very good reputation... Just own up to it, he called your bluff. Nuff said...

What do you want, a notarized letter from the CEO of sprint? lol

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast