1.    #1  
    I had a voicemail where the caller left their new office number.

I already had the caller, and their OLD office number, in my contacts.

I couldn't figure out a way to listen to the voicemail, pull up their contact info, and record the new office phone number.

Even more general, is there a way to listen to someone using the speaker phone while using the phone?

I have successfully looked up contact information while someone was on the phone, or looked up calendar information, but nothing where I was entering new data into the phone.

I tried searching for this topic, but I wasn't even sure what keywords to search with.
    Turn on the speakerphone when the phone is dialing voicemail or after it connects. Then click the green phone button again to go to the dialpad and select contacts from favorites. Then you can find your contact, edit it and add the new number?
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Quote Originally Posted by Atif
    I had a voicemail where the caller left their new office number.

I already had the caller, and their OLD office number, in my contacts.

I couldn't figure out a way to listen to the voicemail, pull up their contact info, and record the new office phone number.

Tap <alt><green phone symbol>, find the old contact you want to edit etc - just as you do normally.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo
    Turn on the speakerphone when the phone is dialing voicemail or after it connects. Then click the green phone button again to go to the dialpad and select contacts from favorites. Then you can find your contact, edit it and add the new number?
    O.K. Thanks I just played around a bit...

When I pressed the green button it entered "flash" mode and I could then go to my contacts and edit, great.

HOWEVER, I couldn't enter numbers to control the voicemail menu anymore. Is this flash mode thing new? Have they changed the way you do three way calling?
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    you can hit the home button as well and go to any other app that doesn't use data while on the phone... then hit the green phone button to go back to the phone app