Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    the persona presented in this forum only . . . . .
    To know me, is to love me...
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    brand new treo 650, enabled egg yesterday and now I've seen the taxi twice in two days! Does this mean my treo loves me?
    I'm very jealous, 2 months and counting . . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    I'm very jealous, 2 months and counting . . . .
    You know, you can never find a cab when you want one...

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    How'd you get 7 squared over 4000 so fast?
    7 squared was the easy part

Just found out about this egg and taxi thing today. Wish the hubby had told me about it.. he knew about it all along. But meh.. I'm just hoping to see this taxi soon.
    AIM: irksome234 MSN: lannie[at]gmail.com
    Quote Originally Posted by dracoleb
    brand new treo 650, enabled egg yesterday and now I've seen the taxi twice in two days! Does this mean my treo loves me?
    Stop tapping the Taxi!Taxi! icon!!!
    -->BtDUN pre- and post- SprintPCS update 1.12 paired to PC and PPC.
    Darth_Maul -- a dark attacker, trained in the Jedi arts.
    OK, I just had my first random Taxi sighting (without tapping the TaxiTaxi icon) while on a phone call within the Phone app. I did tap the taxi as it drove by and nothing happened.
    Jealous. . . . . 2.5 months and counting . . . .
    Last edited by gtwo; 07/11/2005 at 11:49 AM.
    I waited about 3 months...then last week saw it 3 times within 2 hours! Go figure....
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    you will know you did it right when you see the easter egg. Just draw a small zero in the bottom of the pref...counter clockwise.

Andy
    Quote Originally Posted by pda_jedi
    OK, I just crawled out of my basement make-shift chemistry lab. While I was down there, I accidently dipped my left thumb in a jar labeled "LSD". Then I checked my Treo, and low and behold the EASTER EGG Is There.

Seriously though, I found the culprit app: MakeMeClie (a Sony Clie emulator). I have been trying to get Netfront to work on my T650 and ran across MakeMeClie. MakeMeClie allows Non-Sony PalmOS handhelds to run Sony apps (ie Netfront, Piscelviewer) by making them identify themselves as Sony devices. My first clue was VoiceDial stopped working, giving the error message "VoiceDial is not compatible with this device". This was very similar to the error message I obtained while trying to run Netfront. Then the LightBulb went off.

http://www.1src.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83857

Here's a pic of my Easter Egg taken with Snap after MakeMeClie was deleted:

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y84...p-BEE46E12.bmp

And, I can confirm that tapping the Taxi does nothing.
    Kind of like this?
    I just enabled the easter egg... I don't know why... & now I have mixed feelings about it.

Yeah.....

..back to pissed off again... certainly...

some Palm/Palmone/Palmsource engineer took the time to write and illegally include this assenine little program/bug...

BUT THEY CAN'T TAKE THE !*&%:#@! TIME TO INCLUDE A FEW MORE BLUETOOTH PROFILES?!?!?!?! OR GET RID OF THAT GD highlighted 'CANCEL' BUTTON in the call log?

DAMN IT.

WTF!!!!!!!!
    Sorry....

And you know... under any other circumstances... it'd be funny... cute even...

But Jesus, make the damned thing work first... then we can enjoy stuff like this.

Am I the only one that is thinking this?
    Quote Originally Posted by BTman
    I just enabled the easter egg... I don't know why... & now I have mixed feelings about it.

Yeah.....

..back to pissed off again... certainly...

some Palm/Palmone/Palmsource engineer took the time to write and illegally include this assenine little program/bug...

BUT THEY CAN'T TAKE THE !*&%:#@! TIME TO INCLUDE A FEW MORE BLUETOOTH PROFILES?!?!?!?! OR GET RID OF THAT GD highlighted 'CANCEL' BUTTON in the call log?

DAMN IT.

WTF!!!!!!!!
    This has been in the palm os since the very beginning
    Quote Originally Posted by BTman
    Sorry....

And you know... under any other circumstances... it'd be funny... cute even...

But Jesus, make the damned thing work first... then we can enjoy stuff like this.

Am I the only one that is thinking this?
    Since this EasterEgg eggsisted before the problems...no, I have no problem with it.
    Oh wait....I just realized after looking at your other posts...BTman is

TUNDYCENTRAL
    For some strange reason, I thought the same thing....

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast