Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by pda_jedi
    Can someone post a picture using Snap of the Power screen with the easter egg in the lower right had corner?

@deanfx and arielmt, if your using Zlauncher's FileManager make sure that the "All" tab is selected so that both RAM and ROM files are shown. If your using FileZ, make sure ROM is checked in the upper right corner. Graffiti 2 Library and Graffiti 2 Library_enUS are ROM files, thus you must have them.
    Just for giggles -- how about doing a screen re-digitization -- then try the small circle . . . . screen edges can get pretty particular. . . .

Anyone have an answer to pda_jedi's questions above. . . .?

Cheers, Perry
    Can someone post a picture using Snap of the Power screen with the easter egg in the lower right had corner?
    Hey Doc;

Here's a T600 shot... and a T650...

http://www.members.aol.com/bigotrfan1/easter_egg.jpg http://www.mobilityware.com/images/P...Easter-Egg.png

Also, FYI here's a shot of difficulty with easter eggs...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Thanks Big_OTR_Fan,

That's an interesting attached image. I must have a third party app on my Treo 650 that's interfering with the activation of the Easter Egg. OK, I'm determined to see this little egg. I just got my old Palm pdas (Vx, i300, T665C, m505, Zire71) out of my closet and am charging up their dead batteries. I'll try to get this working on them.

Here's an alternate method of forcing the Taxi to appear from mobilityware.com:

"To be able to see the Taxi you must first discover the Preferences Easter Egg. The Preferences Easter Egg is a small picture of an "Easter Egg" that is displayed in the lower right-hand corner of the General or Power preferences screen. To activate the Preferences Easter Egg run the Preferences application and go to the General screen or the Power screen if you have one. Draw a small counter-clockwise circle in the lower right corner of the display area. If done properly, you should see an "Easter Egg".

Once the Preferences Easter Egg is active you will see the Taxi drive across your screen at somewhat random times. Waiting to see the Taxi can be a lot like watching water boil. On some handhelds you can cause the Taxi to appear on demand: Hold the page down button in any application and draw a line from the middle of the Graffiti input area to the left edge of the screen between the applications and the menu silkscreen buttons. On some, but not all handhelds the Taxi will drive across the screen."

Here's a pic I took on my Treo 650 of the Taxi using Taxi!Taxi! and Snap:

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y84...p-BEE4441F.bmp
    -->BtDUN pre- and post- SprintPCS update 1.12 paired to PC and PPC.
    Darth_Maul -- a dark attacker, trained in the Jedi arts.
    Heres another... taken the old fashioned way )))
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    413 Global Posts

@deanfx and arielmt, if your using Zlauncher's FileManager make sure that the "All" tab is selected so that both RAM and ROM files are shown. If your using FileZ, make sure ROM is checked in the upper right corner. Graffiti 2 Library and Graffiti 2 Library_enUS are ROM files, thus you must have them.

I have the other 2 graffiti files also. They are ROM.
    OK, I just crawled out of my basement make-shift chemistry lab. While I was down there, I accidently dipped my left thumb in a jar labeled "LSD". Then I checked my Treo, and low and behold the EASTER EGG Is There.

Seriously though, I found the culprit app: MakeMeClie (a Sony Clie emulator). I have been trying to get Netfront to work on my T650 and ran across MakeMeClie. MakeMeClie allows Non-Sony PalmOS handhelds to run Sony apps (ie Netfront, Piscelviewer) by making them identify themselves as Sony devices. My first clue was VoiceDial stopped working, giving the error message "VoiceDial is not compatible with this device". This was very similar to the error message I obtained while trying to run Netfront. Then the LightBulb went off.

http://www.1src.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83857

Here's a pic of my Easter Egg taken with Snap after MakeMeClie was deleted:

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y84...p-BEE46E12.bmp

And, I can confirm that tapping the Taxi does nothing.
    so why do all of you want an easter egg on your screen...? I mean it really does look pretty and all...
    Quote Originally Posted by taointn
    so why do all of you want an easter egg on your screen...? I mean it really does look pretty and all...
    Do you know the muffin man?
    the muffin man?
    the muffin man...
    Do you know the Muffin Man,
    Who lives on Drury Lane?
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    the muffin man?
    Welcome back Dutch!
    "If you think a weakness can be turned into a strength, I hate to tell you this, but that's another weakness." - Jack Handey
    Quote Originally Posted by leadtrumpetdave
    Welcome back Dutch!
    thanks high note dude
    Do you know the Trumpet Man?
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  15.    #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    thanks high note dude
    DUTCHIE!!! WB Fella!

Thread Crapper
    ~ August 16,2005 Poll-Master ~
    August 17, 2005 Century Club Member ~ August 29, 2005

I have a fondness for intelligence.
    I often black out when doing something really stupid. I supose that's why I'm such a danger to my self

ahh the taxi --

months I have had that stupid egg, back when I first had my 600 and discovered a thread here discussing it. Yet only once have I seen th taxi - the tale end, since it was leaving my screen.

my 650 just doesn't like me. Maybe it's because i have a habit of pushing it's buttons. maybe because I send IM's at all times of the night. May be it'smad because I stuff it in a plastic holder and carry it on my wasted.

Whatever the reason , the Taxi refuses to appear...... :-(
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion_jedi
    Do you know the Trumpet Man?
    How about the Monkey Man?
    I thought just two "muffin man"s was an automatic move to off topic??

Cheers, Perry.
    How about the Monkey Man?
    Does anyone, really know the Monkey Man?
    Do YOU know the Monkey Man?
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast