1.    #1  
    I called customer care about a issue with my phone. After taking care of the primary reason for calling, I politely asked if she could provide me with an unlock code. She put me on hold and came back on the line and asked if I had a pen to write it down. I was so shocked and excited I entered it in my phone and forgot to write it down.

If I ever have to do a hard reset will it relock my phone.
    Once unlocked it will remain unlocked even of you do a hard reset or load new firmware
    I called Cingular Customer Care. After few transfers and holds, the rep stated that they don't have unlock code.
    CNG ATTWS Treo650
    Don't be so sure until you put another carrier's SIM in it and tested it. If it works I think you'll be the first to have a Blue 650 unlocked. They probably just gave you a PUK(e) code. Most of the reps don't have a clue as to what "unlock code" actually means.

Quote Originally Posted by khart214
    I called customer care about a issue with my phone. After taking care of the primary reason for calling, I politely asked if she could provide me with an unlock code. She put me on hold and came back on the line and asked if I had a pen to write it down. I was so shocked and excited I entered it in my phone and forgot to write it down.

If I ever have to do a hard reset will it relock my phone.
    I had my AT&T Blue phone unlocked back in February and I 've read about a few others having some luck. I wouldn't be surprised if this one worked too. You can go to a T-Mobile store or even a regular Cingular store and see if one of their SIM's works. If it does then your phone is unlocked. Sometimes you have to call Cingular customer care, but it is possible to get a Cingular Blue phone unlocked. Mine certainly works with other SIM cards now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Playcentric
    I called Cingular Customer Care. After few transfers and holds, the rep stated that they don't have unlock code.

Yep, my same experience. Broke down and paid a guy $46 on Ebay. Works fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterEd
    Don't be so sure until you put another carrier's SIM in it and tested it. If it works I think you'll be the first to have a Blue 650 unlocked. They probably just gave you a PUK(e) code. Most of the reps don't have a clue as to what "unlock code" actually means.
    I had my Blue Treo 650 unlocked by Orange customer care last week. I have already tried other carrier's SIMS, works fine.

I had to tell the Orange guy that "yes, you guys do this" before he dug a little more and found out that indeed, they can do it.

He called me back in an hour with the code and the instructions to unlock it.
    Siemens S46 -> Siemens S56 -> Motorola MPx200 -> Moto v600 -> Audiovox SMT5600 -> Treo 650 -> Motorola Q (14 days) -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700w -> Treo 750
    Global Posts
    413 Global Posts
    When I got mine unlocked, the rep asked if I was former ATTWS. He went on to tell me that if I were then they have to unlock the phone without requesting permission. I have been Cing for many years and I think it took about 2 days to get my code emailed to me. They even called on a Saturday to see if I checked my email yet...strange how some are having problems.