Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    hi all,

i finally found a decent deal (around 500) and i'm getting an unlocked 650 this week to use with my t-mobile card. i've been very happy with my 600 but would like the better screen and the easier (for my aging eyesight) keyboard. just want to get any other t-mobile users out there with any advice or things i should be aware of.

i'm in the los angeles area where t-mobile reception has been very consistant for me and consequently did not want to upgrade by going to a different carrier.

thanks

alan siegel
    pacific palisades
    You will love this thing .
    T650 user on T Mo.
    Install the latest ROM from P1 and try VolumeCare (if you're having low volume issues) and you should be very happy with your new toy !
    Do the latest upgrade. Other than that I am much happier with my 650 than I was with my 600.
    Where did you find an unlocked 650 for $500?
  6.    #6  
    i don't have it in my hands yet, but...my phone dealer (i've bought maybe 5 from him in the past for family members) told me he would be getting in treo 650's that were unlocked for 500 after i told him i was going to buy one on ebay. there, they've been running in the mid 500's. you can buy one for about 575 in several buy it now deals, but he told me 500! i should have it early this week...

alan
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    Been using my 650 on T-Mobile since January and loving it. I just got a new cell tower installed less than a quarter of a mile from my house so I consistently have 4 bars. Woohoo!! Before the new tower it was always erratic irregardless of the phone (I have 5 on my family plan). Now I wish they had EDGE in my area but I cannot find out any information about what T-Mobile's rollout plan is. Argh!

BTW, have all you T-Mobile users seen this web site? http://compass.t-mobile.com/Default.aspx Check it out. That's how I found out about the new tower close to my house.
    Last edited by TxDot; 06/26/2005 at 05:12 PM.
    GSM Treo 600 > Unlocked GSM Treo 650 on T-Mobile - Attempting to use a BB Curve

Technology is neither good nor evil, good people will find good uses for it and evil people will find evil uses for it. Phil P.
    been just fine for me. better antenna than my sony ericsson t-610, and t-mo has rolled out some edge speeds in my area on the stealth.
    Does "Roaming Digital Coverage" mean that area is a T-Mobile GSM partner? So no surge charges? And would that area have a data connection?

<]=)
    what do u guys do when your fone breaks? u can't call tmobile...
    Does T-mobile's data plan also work on the T650, and all you have to do is put in your sim card? Just curious, not sure how that works. I couldn't imagine giving up my data plan. . .
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CHiNNuTS
    what do u guys do when your fone breaks? u can't call tmobile...
    palmOne

I see very little that can break that requires action on the part of T-Mobile.
    GSM Treo 600 > Unlocked GSM Treo 650 on T-Mobile - Attempting to use a BB Curve

Technology is neither good nor evil, good people will find good uses for it and evil people will find evil uses for it. Phil P.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonylmiller
    Does T-mobile's data plan also work on the T650, and all you have to do is put in your sim card? Just curious, not sure how that works. I couldn't imagine giving up my data plan. . .
    I am quite happy with T-Mobile and Unlocked Treo 650 from PalmOne. I have T-Zone and it works for e-mails and simple web surfing. After you insert the T-Mobile SIM card, "T-Mobile Internet", T-Zone" etc. magically show up in the Preferences -> Network. Actual connection depends on subsribing to the appopriate plan. Hope that helps.
    Quote Originally Posted by novfilms
    i don't have it in my hands yet, but...my phone dealer (i've bought maybe 5 from him in the past for family members) told me he would be getting in treo 650's that were unlocked for 500 after i told him i was going to buy one on ebay. there, they've been running in the mid 500's. you can buy one for about 575 in several buy it now deals, but he told me 500! i should have it early this week...

alan
    If your dealer is a T-Mobile store, your message would be the equivalent of T-Mobile selling the T-650 for $500 which would be a pretty big deal around these parts. Is your dealer a T-Mobile store or a independant dealer?
    Where I am (Wash DC) I get excellent T-Mobile coverage.

Regarding support, Palm1 assisted me when my initial 650 turned out to be a lemon.

Luckily I'm in an area that's already been rigged for Edge -- and I'm getting great speeds (170+ Kbs). (Web browsing on the 650 is a seamless tool when you have good speed -- and nearly useless without it).
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
    where can I get the software to help me with my low volume problem. Has anyone had any problems with thier phones automaticaly restarting on t-mobile???
    Quote Originally Posted by brightcell
    Install the latest ROM from P1 and try VolumeCare (if you're having low volume issues) and you should be very happy with your new toy !
    Have you read that ?

VolumeCare
    http://gotreosoftware.com
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE
    Luckily I'm in an area that's already been rigged for Edge -- and I'm getting great speeds (170+ Kbs). (Web browsing on the 650 is a seamless tool when you have good speed -- and nearly useless without it).
    I hate you.

I'm north of Baltimore and T-mob is pretty good up here. I got the T650 GSM the moment it came out and haven't regretted it at all. I fought with Versacrash. . err .. Versamail a bit and decided it was because I was downloading three email accounts at a time. Since I migrated to only using my Gmail account, it's been great.

Got the update recently and it's been pretty solid. Aside from the touch tones being really sensitive when logging into my voicemail.
    Unlocked P1 T650 + 12" Powerbook + Scion xA = Happiness
    novfilm

I am in the Orange County area. Do you think all the Tmobile dealers will be getting these soon. Like you I have the T600 and would love to upgrade. I can gvie my T600 to my friend at work.

Duonger
  20.    #20  
    hi duonger

my phone guy here in los angeles told me he's getting a shipment of unlocked phones. someone else asked me for the info as well. if he comes through i'll let you know. although i heard a rumor that t mobile would offer the 650 in oct, someone at palm told me that t mobile would not offer the phone. so after checking on ebay for some time, i told my phone guy i was going to buy one and he told me he'd sell me one for 500. i don't know if it's unbranded or a cingular that's unlocked (i rather suspect that to be the case). i noticed that cingular unlocked phones are about 50 dollars cheaper than palm unbranded on ebay. anyway he said this week...so we'll see.

alan
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast